Floating object at KBHB airport

pierre69

Hello,
I just bought KBHB airport and sadly a noticed many object floating in the air.
I use last version of XP the 11.4.1 one, on WINDOWS 10.
I have a lot of your airports, and it's the first time i have this problem.
You can find attached a screen shoot et the scenery_pack.ini
So do you have any solution to solve my problem.
Thanks by advance
Pierre

Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-05 20.37.58.png

scenery_packs.ini

@SpeedBird007 @pierre69 In order to have no floating buildings while using Forkboy New England Ortho scenery, you need to remove the file +41-069.dsf from the Earth nav +40-070 folder in Forkboy New England.

The ZZZ_Orbx_KBHB_Bar_Harbor Orbx folder that comes with KBHB also contains ortho imagery which covers a reasonable area around the airport and a bit beyond.

I attach 2 pics. The first is the approach to KBHB which clearly shows the ortho imagery from the Orbx KBHB addon, and the second pic shows that the previously floating buildings and objects are at ground level.

The alternative to not doing my suggestion, is to use the default scenery for which all Orbx no True Earth airport addons are designed for use with. 

Pic 1.

Capture.thumb.JPG.8a2e56721b90dc95bd0df4a1143344cb.JPG

Pic 2.

1.thumb.JPG.90ae328bfdd84724e0568199427afef7.JPG

4 hours ago, pierre69 said:

Hi Jon
A last point. I just deleted the two folder of KBHB and reinstalled all the scenery but sadly nothing changed

I should have noticed that you don't have any ortho for that area. Sorry.

I do see though that you have several enabled zzz files which tend to indicate mesh. They should be at the very bottom of the scenery_packs.ini. Try disabling those and test if one of them is affecting KBHb. I cannot see why you have this problem when you are using only default XP scenery, except ypu do have these additional meshes, and meshes can disrupt an addon by causing floating objects. 

Thanks again for your help Jon.
I remove all folder from my Custom Scenery folder expect Orbx_A_KBHB_Bar_Harbor, ZZZ_Orbx_KBHB_Bar_Harbor and OrbxLibs. Infortunaly I have the same problem.
Somthing could be important, as you can see in my sceen shoot, not all objects were floating, only a part of them.
That why I'm not so sur that my problem comfrome other mesh files.
I should say, I'm a little disaponted by this problem because, again, you did a realy great job with this scenery.

10 hours ago, gooner said:

I have the same problem, I have Us Orthos New_England but don't have the tile file +41-069.dsf.  Ok just disabled orthos, scenery is now ok, so don't know what file number to disable.

You should have that file inside +40-070 as per my post No 3 above which is in Erath Nav Data. If not then your Ortho4xp installation was incomplete and therefore you would have had default scenery for that tile which in theory would mean you wouldn't have floating building. If you follow my drift:)

21 hours ago, gooner said:

I have the same problem, I have Us Orthos New_England but don't have the tile file +41-069.dsf.  Ok just disabled orthos, scenery is now ok, so don't know what file number to disable.

I had the same problem with objects that were not floating but somewhat sunken below the surface. I too couldn't find the tile file +41-069.dsf in folder +40-070 in New England Orthos.

I then removed tile file +44-069 instead from folder +40-070 and that seemed to correct the majority of the objects to their correct levels. There still are a few that are off level but not very obvious as they are further from the main areas of the airport.

1 hour ago, Sentry11 said:

I had the same problem with objects that were not floating but somewhat sunken below the surface. I too couldn't find the tile file +41-069.dsf in folder +40-070 in New England Orthos.

I then removed tile file +44-069 instead from folder +40-070 and that seemed to correct the majority of the objects to their correct levels. There still are a few that are off level but not very obvious as they are further from the main areas of the airport.

I apologise to all for my typo error. Indeed +44-069 is the file that I was referring to.

Thanks @Sentry11 for pointing that out:)

Hi John
I finally solved my problem after a long investigation. I have an old XP installation and I didn't updated my Global Scenery, It was a XP10 one. After installing a fresh XP11 Global Scenery all floating object went down and KBHB look as It should ;)

Thank again for your help and your great job

8 minutes ago, pierre69 said:

Hi John
I finally solved my problem after a long investigation. I have an old XP installation and I didn't updated my Global Scenery, It was a XP10 one. After installing a fresh XP11 Global Scenery all floating object went down and KBHB look as It should ;)

Thank again for your help and your great job

That's good news.

Archived