Orbx Central Worker Failed to Launch

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Simulator:  Microsoft FSX

Screenshot: Error Message

Issue:  Orebx Central Worker Failed to Launch. The error message says the minimum required operating system is "Windows 7 SP1+". What does the + signify ? My Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 does not have the +.

Is that my problem?

ERROR.JPG

central.log

Thanks Nick for the explanation.

I have Windows 7 SP1 so I guess I meet the minimum requirements but I still get the attached error message.

Did the central.log I attached show anything to explain the error message?

Is there anything else that I could check to see if I can  get  Orbx Central Worker to launch?

Edited by ifrevets
corrections to last sentence

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Orbx Central Worker Failed to Launch
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been reading this thread hoping to solve the same problem. To date, I have installed what I hope are the correct C++ files, run a dotnetfix.exe, added Orbx Central and Orbxcentralworker files to the exclude list in Windows Defender and my paid version of Malwarebytes, all to no avail.

The latest version did install correctly earlier today, but I continue to get the worker error.

So, now I have a key question or two

1. What are the exact versions of the C++ and related files that I should install. I am running W10 VERSION 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928.

Should I delete or uninstall any of the various C++ folders I have installed. I followed as best I could the following

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

I have tried and retried to download, uninstall and reinstall the above.

But, I still cannot get Orbx CENTRAL to run properly. Expert advice needed desperately. Thanks

Sherm

Edited by shermank

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Sherman,

are you using Windows 8 or perhaps Windows 8 compatibility? 

It looks like it is not supported.

No, Nick. Windows 10 Version 20H, fully updated to OS Build 19042.928

Sherm

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Sherman,

are you using Windows 8 or perhaps Windows 8 compatibility? 

It looks like it is not supported.

Correcting myself....I misread your post. Yes, I was set for compatibility for W8. I reset for 

Vista SP2...but not sure that is working. 

Now, I have noticed a new problem...the latest version wants me to create a new Orbx Library. If I do so, that means reinstalling all my products...should I just go ahead, do that and see what happens? btw, I my OS is Windows 10 Version 20H, fully updated to OS Build 19042.928

Sherm

Hello Sherman,

Orbx Central should not need a compatibility setting at all, best to remove it, I think.

If your Orbx products are installed into the simulator folder, creating a library will do

no harm and you do not have to use it, except for Objectflow.

H Nick

i....unchecking compatibility did not solve the problem. 

Currently, I have all my Orbx products in a separate library outside the sim and they work, showing up in Lorby's scenery organizer in a proper order. But, should the time come when I need to update libraries, or add any scenery, I really do not know what I can do. Or, at the worst, if I have to reinstall P3D, without OC, I am similarly at a loss. 

BTW, in my above post about reinstalling into a new library, OC stops me in my tracks with the worker error.

Sherm

This morning I checked again on whether I could get OC to load. An update to version 4.1.3.7 began to download and with it a C++ redistributable package. I hoped this would solve my problem, but no go...still not able to get OC to load without the Central Workers issue. 

For the record, the following redistributables are listed in my add/remove programs

2008 x86

2013 x64

2015-2019 x64

2015-2019 x86

sherm

Edited by shermank
update information

Hi Nick,

Compatibility is not set. I have the latest version 1.37. Still getting the error. Have you heard anything from any of the developers about this? Is there any more information or files I can send for review?

I appreciate your help, as always.

Sherm

Hello Nick and anyone else following this thread. Today, I disabled my Defender Firewall as well as Malwarebytes, hoping this would clear the highway for a completely new and clean installation.  I uninstalled OC using a program called Geek which not only deletes programs as does Windows 10 add/remove app. It also scans the registry for anything leftover. It showed nothing. Then, to make certain, I  also used a program called Agent Ransack which essentially does another complete registry scan. It found 11 links to OC and I deleted them all, including several in Windows prefetch.

Then, minutes ago, I downloaded and reinstalled OC onto what I consider a perfectly clean machine. The DL and installation went as expected. However, when I tried to use the application, in my case syncing with P3D 5, I again got the red screen with the warning that certain C++ files are needed. AFAIK, I have all those files. They show up in my programs listing, along with all my other programs in the registry.

Again, I am asking for some help and hope a developer can work with me on this problem. Without OC, I suspect I am completely helpless when managing my more than 30 Orbx products, not to mention when I want to purchase anything new.

Thanks for reading this far. 

Sherm

On 4/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks Sherman,

I'll ask one of the developers to take a look at the log for you.

hi Nick, any progress on this. I have heard nothing at all from anyone else. Thanks.

Sherm

I HAVE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM. 

The issue was solved when I decided to take a look at the OrbxCentralWorkers.exe in the saturn-win subfolder. 

Referring to Nick Cooper's suggestion to disable all compatibility choices, I applied that thinking to the OCW, just as I had done earlier to the main OC.exe file.

Bingo!!! That did it for me. 

So Nick, I am not sure whether you meant originally for me to look at the OCW file or just the OC.exe. In either case, this issue is solved... Case closed...

Sherm