Bug Reports and Quality Issues Across Products for P3D - Please Help !!!

Ams

Hello,

I am a VFR flyer mostly and like to fly low and slow. I generally never file for bugs. In fact I have never once filed for bug reports even once since the time I have been buying Orbx products.

This is the very first time for me.

I have a deep appreciation for all the Orbx XPlane products and the superior quality and scenery is unmatched by anyone else.
I only have issues with P3D payware Orbx sceneries.

Off lately I am seeing quality issues across product lines which is breaking immersion factor and actually looks downright ugly.

The more worrying issue for me is that these issues seem to be bleeding across not only recently released products but even products that have been released in the past.

Coming to the issues itself, I am seeing issues in both land class based and true earth products. I see issues in EDVY, Australia gold coast & Canberra, across 
GB True Earth, Netherlands true earth, EGHP and a few more other places as well. In fact EGHP and canberra for p3d are a total disappointment.

1. Primarily the issues are two: The autogen buildings overlapping with other 3DM buildings (POIs as well) which results in bad flickering building textures which is 
quiet noticable even from far and higher altitudes. 

2. Second is for some buildings textures unload when you fly away from them resulting again in flickering building and then building textures load again 
when you come up close again. I am not sure if this is an inherent p3d issue? But if its a p3d issue it should affect all building textures. 
But texture unload is happening only in some specific portion of building textures while other building textures do not unload as you move away from it.

I have tried resolving this issue by reading several forum within both Orbx and outside but its not getting resolved.

The reason I have to take time and file bugs this time is because buying p3d v4 payware Orbx products have become a hit and miss affair. 
I do understand if it happens at a few places and I generally ignore these anamolies as theses sceneries are huge. 

But all the screenshots I have attached are payware and its affecting the obvious (such as airport buildings and major POIs). 
Imagine purchasing a new airport and being excited about your purchase loading up the sim only to be greeted by overlapping main airport terminal buildings and flickering textures.

These are the same issues that affect Netherlands True Earth as well especially in dense areas. Overlapping buildings causing flickering building textures is common.
I have not attached pic or videos of the same but if required I can do so. Please fly over EHAM over dense city and the problem would become obvious.

For example the quality of products like ENNK and LOWI are hard to find and anamolies are becoming too many and on prominent POIs.

Its so sad that it all has come down to this. I used to get excited new Orbx release but now the first thing I buy & install a new product and hope there are no glaring
issues with it. 

Its becoming harder and harder for me to justify my spends and keep supporting the devs if the quality issues are so obvious.  

Calling out to JV, Nick Cooper, Jon Clarke, Devs or anyone else, humble request you to please help with these.

Regards,

Aman.

Overlapping Main Airport Buildings EDVY

EDVY Overlapping.jpg

Overlapping Main Airport Buildings EDVY

EDVY Overlapping1.jpg

Texture Unloads almost immediately and does not show up even when you come close - EDPH

EGPH Black Textures.jpg

Texture loads only when up when you come VERY close - EDPH

EGPH Upclose OK Textures.jpg

EDPH - City just beyond the airport

EGPH City Overlapping.jpg

EDPH - City just beyond the airport

EGPH City Overlapping1.jpg

EDPH - City football stadium

EGPH City Overlapping Football Stadium.jpg

Default YBCG Airport - Note: Glass building appears between two other buildings - causing massive flickering when flying in the sim.

GoldCoast Overlapping.jpg

Gold Coast City - causing massive flickering when flying in the sim.

Goad Coast City .jpg

Gold Coast City - causing massive flickering when flying in the sim - IN ACTION

Forgot to add the license info for the product hence adding:

Order Information
Transaction ID: 5e5963b5ea86e
Product: EDVY Porta Westfalica Airport

Order Information
Transaction ID: 5e5a8f9ad7db3
Product: EGPH Edinburgh Airport

Order Information
Transaction ID: 5e5a1fe123b62
Product: CityScene Gold Coast

Transaction ID: 5b79262736441
Product: TrueEarth Netherlands HD

Order Information
Transaction ID: 5dfe601cd0c13
Product: Cityscape Canberra

Just one more info. Most the issues mentioned in TE GB - POI and 3DM issues topic is applicable to me as well. I am seeing similar issues in EGTH as well.  The 3DM buildings interfering with airfields and the main old warden building its self is getting blocked. Again an example of this issue affecting the main POI itself. The image for this is attached in the TE GB - POI and 3DM issues thread.

As for the older airports and regions (pre p3d v4), there indeed are some issues like floating objects and planes, texture bleeding or shadows missing. That's quiet logical because P3D develops further while the older products don't.

But my only objection is, don't sell those products as fully P3D v4 compatible and write a line on the page that there may be issues when using the more recent versions of P3D.

As for the newer products. There a more talented developers and the ones who are less gifted. I would say, make a quality threshold. If we buy airports or scenery of a certain high quality, we expect the same quality with other products but unfortunately that's not the case due to many different talented and experienced developers.

I did not mention any specific products because I know everyone is doing their best within their skills and I don't want to harm anyone.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hello,

rather than address all these at once, perhaps we can address them one by one.

EDVY looks to be two airport versions active at the same time.

If you disable these three files in Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY\scenery:

1.jpg

it will look like this:

click on the image to enlarge

2020-3-1_13-43-37-62.jpg

The EDVY installer should probably do this for you though, I will ask why it does not.

Ok Thanks Nick.

The installer has not not done this, but no issues. As long as it resolves the problem I am fine with it. I have disabled them manually. My only issue is that suppose I uninstall the scenery for some reason in future (lets assume to save disk space) and reinstall back again some time later, the issue is that if i do not remember to remove the manually disabled file, once the scenery is reinstalled or lets say i click on verify files, now I would i have 6 files, 3 enabled and 3 disabled which could cause issues again in the sim.  Hence I hope that the installer can take care of such scenarios. Over time I loose track of all the manual changes I have done and hence refrain from changing anything manually in the sim.

I found another issue this time near London Eye. Same overlapping building issue on a POI causing flickering. I can still live with few buildings overlapping each other but the the flickering it causes is the bigger issue.

Thanks.

London City Eye Overlapping.jpg

Archived