SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TerraFloraXP/

This is my scenery_packs.ini file after installing TerraFlora.  Shouldn't it be higher up in the list?

Does this add-on only work for autogen areas?  Will it improve any TrueEarth locations?  I took a few before and after screenshots over my usual practice area (with the TerraFloraXP entry just under EGLH_Needles) in the TE GB Central location and there was zero difference.

Thanks!

It does nothing to the TE regions, these already have it

From the TerraFlora page:

Seamless blending with TerraFlora textures included in Orbx TrueEarth and airports

It reads like it is blending TF stuff into TE stuff and airports.  I guess the wording could be clearer.

Can you please confirm if the .ini order is correct or if it should be placed higher?

3 hours ago, SimFlyer15 said:

Thanks!

From the TerraFlora page:

It reads like it is blending TF stuff into TE stuff and airports.  I guess the wording could be clearer.

Can you please confirm if the .ini order is correct or if it should be placed higher?

There are a few changes in the layering i would suggest so attach your scenery_packs.ini and I will make the changes for you.

Regarding the lack of difference in the trees in TEGB areas is because the TE series of addons already contain Terra Flora trees. The placement of Terra Flora in the scenery pack is fine and the changes in trees would be more noticeable in your case in default scenery

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly. I am glad you asked because I would estimate a good 60-80% of anomalies are caused by inaccurately layered addons in the scenery pack.

You need to follow the basic logic of how XP and indeed the real world is structured as far as layering is concerned.

You build you XP world like the real world from bottom upwards.So from top down as far as the scenery pack is concerned should go like this:

1. 3rd party airport addons. reason, so that they are seen right at the top of the scenery and no aspect can be over ridden by another part of a scenery or mesh.,

2,Global Airports. reason, so these airports don't sit higher than a 3rd party airport and mask it.

3. If using Orbx TE series addons, then they should be placed directly under and in their Custom/Overlay/Ortho file sequence. The exception to this is if you have TEGB South and want the London Landmarks to be displayed correctly then the XP file of London Landmarks needs to be directly under Global Airports followed immediately by the TEGB addons.

4. The additional XP Landmarks files. Reason, so that they will be displayed above any other scenery like Default and Ortho4xp.

5. Scenery enhancers like X-Europe, SFD Global, City Scapes designed to enhance Default scenery.

6. Although can be placed anywhere I tend to keep them all in one place= Libraries

7. World wide coverage Mesh like HD and UHD Mesh. Not mesh that may come with an airport addon as that mesh has a minor coverage in around that airport and not the whole country like HD Mesh would.

So in your case I layered the files more or less as I have explained above.

22 minutes ago, SimFlyer15 said:

I was wondering specific to #3, thanks!

I missed the vital wording of  "Global Airports." 

So 3. should read:

3. If using Orbx TE series addons, then they should be placed directly under Global Airports  and in their Custom/Overlay/Ortho file sequence. The exception to this is if you have TEGB South and want the London Landmarks to be displayed correctly then the XP file of London Landmarks needs to be directly under Global Airports followed immediately by the TEGB addons.

Archived