Night textures during day in LAX basin

DrDickie

Hi,

Doug Sawatsky in another topic:

"Please uninstall the Orbx Libraries and Vector and your Global base products from your external library location and reinstall them into the root simulator Orbx folder.

Then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

• 1 year later...

Maybe a little late because I got these issues yesterday.

Nothing above helped in any case but I found the culprit by myself:

- In the scenery library of P3D where all my addons are listed, I disabled (unticked) all addon sceneries

- started P3D and the night textures were gone!

- I enabled the first half again of my sceneries, the night textures appeared!

- I enabled the second half of my sceneries and disabled the first half again - no night textures!

- So the culprit was one of the upper half scenries.

This procedure I repeated - now the first half of the upper sceneries and so on by always reducing the scenery entries until only one scenery remained:

THE SCENERY WHICH CAUSES THE ODD NIGHT TEXTURES!!!

By disabling / deleting this scenery, all my problems were gone - at least in my case! It's worth a try for most of you guys where all other suggestions do not work....

I am sure the problem is caused by wrong set landclass additionals / altitude additionals within an addon scenery.

Those oddly morphing textures happen if the active landclass file calls for textures that the sim cannot find, thus using a random assortment. This can happen if the landclass file scenery entries are in incorrect order or the terrain.cfg file itself has become corrupted.

Resolving rapid ground texture "morphing"
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Archived