X-Plane crash when loading EGTB Wycombe Air Park

jjstruyf

I get an error saying that Custom Scenery/Orbx_EG20_Clench_Common_Field/veg/Veg_VG_WF.dds could not be located.

I used the verify files option in Orbx Central but that did not help.

EGTB is installed outside the X-Plane directory.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

1411283174_ErrorEGTB.thumb.jpg.3e072701aeb1b8e7d3a342fa57695ddb.jpg

Thank you for the file Jon.  I did put it in and got another alert saying it was missing the Veg_VG_All.dds, which I suspected it would because I had seen it in your directory.  Then I copied the Veg_VG_All.dds file from the Orbx_EGHR directory.  X-Plane did not crash any more but alerted me that there was a problem in loading a file.  X-Plane's Log.txt file told me that it could not find the PhonePoleCAbles.obj file.

Somethning did definitely go wrong in scenery installation.  Is it on my side or is there a bug in the installer ?

Jean-Jacques

10 hours ago, jjstruyf said:

Thank you for the file Jon.  I did put it in and got another alert saying it was missing the Veg_VG_All.dds, which I suspected it would because I had seen it in your directory.  Then I copied the Veg_VG_All.dds file from the Orbx_EGHR directory.  X-Plane did not crash any more but alerted me that there was a problem in loading a file.  X-Plane's Log.txt file told me that it could not find the PhonePoleCAbles.obj file.

Somethning did definitely go wrong in scenery installation.  Is it on my side or is there a bug in the installer ?

Jean-Jacques

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall and see if that solves your issues. There maybe some missing files for some reason, so a complete reinstall may help. Don't use a backup copy, if you have made one, as that maybe corrupted.

Archived