Moving Files to Orbx Library

Bigglesworth

Good evening ,

I have just installed Orbx Central  and understand that future downloads for P3Dv4 can be installed to the ORBX library location   which is outside of the sim . My question is can I move the already installed Orbx files which currently reside inside the sim in the Orbx folder  to the Orbx library outside the sim ? If so what is the procedure to accomplish this .

Thank you,

Bigglesworth

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hello!

Yes, you can do this. On each product you have installed into the simulator, you can press 'Migrate to Library' (in Central) and then choose where it is moved. Due to the complexity of some of our products it can be difficult for Central to make a clean migration, so while this feature is available I'd recommend not migrating your entire product library unless you need to.

Thank you Mitchell for your advice .I shall leave them in Place for the moment .

As a thought if I uninstall them one at a time and reinstall does that mean that they will download in full again and I can direct the new install to the library outside the sim.

Thanks Again

Bigglesworth

10 hours ago, Bigglesworth said:

As a thought if I uninstall them one at a time and reinstall does that mean that they will download in full again and I can direct the new install to the library outside the sim.

If you press Uninstall then Install, it will download them in full again.

If you press 'Migrate to Library', it will try to copy the old files as much as possible.

I'm a bit thick. Or at least I take a while to catch on.

I have a new PC. with a 500GB drive C: SSD and a 1TB D: SSD. I installed Central for the first time and began installing all the Orbx scenery. I only installed the Base package within P3D and everything else in the suggested Library. It wasn't until I had finished I realised everything is on C: with only 60gb free space and nothing installed  on D:. Everything works great but I'd rather it on D: I realise I stuffed up right at the beginning when Central asked me the question about location.

How do I move everything in the library painlessly to D: (keeping the same order) - and leave C: mostly clear?

Aussie

Moving a library to another location

Moving a library is painless with Central and can be achieved in a few steps only:

1. Go to Settings > Libraries.

2. Note the directory of the library you’d like to move.

3. Remove the library that you would like to move (remember: this doesn’t delete the actual files).

4. Close Central by right-clicking on the tray and selecting “quit”.

5. Move the directory to the new location in your operating system. This step may take a while depending on your disk speed.

6. Start Central again

7. Open Settings, and then the Libraries page

8. Press ‘Create New Library’

9. Select the new library location, give it a name and then press ‘Save’.

Central will automatically scan the library for installed products, and then configure your simulators appropriatel

extracted from the User Guide.

Thanks Nick,

I had skimmed the Users Guide when Central first came out. Must have missed that info as I didn't think I would need it.

Before I make such a bold move and ultimately delete the files, it is good to know the process is still current in the newest version and I can't stuff things up.

PS: In following the directions, I presume 'Directory' and the term 'Folder' (that I use) are synonymous?

Aussie

• 7 months later...

Hi Nick, et al,

My Orbx library is in the root directory of Drive D.

X-Plane 11 is also in the root of D and has all my Orbx sceneries within it.

X-Plane 11.5 is also in the root directory of Drive D.

How can I put my Orbx sceneries into X-Plane 11.5? And, I'd like to remove X-Plane 11 altogether.

Thank you,

McIlrath

2 hours ago, mcilrath said:

Hi Nick, et al,

My Orbx library is in the root directory of Drive D.

X-Plane 11 is also in the root of D and has all my Orbx sceneries within it.

X-Plane 11.5 is also in the root directory of Drive D.

How can I put my Orbx sceneries into X-Plane 11.5? And, I'd like to remove X-Plane 11 altogether.

Thank you,

McIlrath

I figured it out. Orbx Central goes looking for X-Plane, and it seemed to focus on the first one it found?

I renamed my X-Plane folder (ver. 11.4?) to old_X-Plane and ran...

Orbx Central/ Settings/ Help/ Sync Simulator.

That did it. X-Plane 11.5 now runs my Orbx scenery.

McIlrath

Hello,

apologies.

Orbx Central looks at C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_11.txt for the X Plane 11 location.

You can have as many installations as you wish and when run, each one adds a line to that file.

If Orbx Central finds more than one, it will list them in the drop down menu and hovering the mouse

cursor over each entry in that menu will show you which one it is.

Once identified, Orbx Central will add shortcuts from an Orbx Central Library to that version, so all the

products in the Library can be used in all the versions, without the need for duplicate files.

Archived