XP-11 question

porsche

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but seeing as usually it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission......

I really do like XP-11 with one exception.... It is really dark and also drab compared to the brighter days and unlimited visibility of P3dV4.5+. I've heard of solutions to this and would really appreciate it if they could be shared here. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers but manage to muddle along. Many thanks.

Dave

A good starting point would be to reduce the default Haze setting. Unfortunately this can't be done within the sim but it's still pretty straightforward. If you Google flywithlua and fogbegone you will find the answer and should be able to work it out, flywithlua is an essential add-on to xplane that sits in the plugin folder. fogbegone is a script that sits in a flywithlua folder and allows users to specify the amount of haze. Reducing it will instantly make everything clearer and more vibrant.

The dullness you refer to varies according to where you are and what time of day and season. Although seasons are not available in XP the date is important. For example in the Northern hemisphere in February, it will be dark at 5pm but bright at 10pm in Norway in the summer months,#.

I am unsure what dullness you are referring to. Is it a lack of light, dull looking default scenery or what? Please expand so that suggestions can be made.

Archived