Missing files when starting flight

Geekypenguin

Hello

I have recently purchased (order number in account) and installed orbx true earth great Britain south to my Xplane 11 installation.

After first install, xplane loaded and I started flying for about an hour before xplane displayed the error message that a terrain and texture file couldn't be found, and quit.

No whenever I start a flight in xplane, after loading scenery I get the same message and it quits again.

I read the installation help post that mentioned running verify files again, which I did, with the same result.

I found the two files it mentioned and removed both, verify files recreated the .Ter but not the .DDS file, and I still get the same error message when starting a flight in xplane.

It is the same after a restart.

I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall if there is another fix due to the size of the download on a metered connection.

The missing files are aad0xfb90x17M.ter and aad0xfb90x17.dds (see photo)

IMG_20200213_094732.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forums

The most common cause for this issue is lack of free hard drive space in the appropriate locations. Please see the below troubleshooting topic, although it does reference the previous app called FTX Central the concepts are the same.

There needs to be enough free space on the disk you download onto and, if you are installing it on another disk then you also need enough free space.

So on the disk you are downloading onto you will need at least 70GB and on the installation disk you will need at least 150GB. The figures I give you includes the necessary figure of 10-15% free space required for a disk to function correctly.

If you are downloading and installing onto the same disk then you will need around 250GB space. You will regain some space when the download contents, normally in your Temp folder, are removed automatically after installation is complete.

Not really looking for a cause at the moment, just want to know if I can fix this or whether I'm going to have to uninstall and wait another few weeks for my internet to be topped up before trying again.

Was really excited to get this scenery but now I'm £31 down with not a lot to show for it

Go into the TEGB South Custom folder and see if there is a file called convert.json. If so delete it. Then run verify files for TEGB South in Orbx Central. In theory, assuming you have the required space, it will re-extract the JPG files and convert them to DDS

Archived