Orbx central or FTX

FTX Central is not supported anymore.  Any problems Orbx Central had in the past have all been cleared up.  Furthermore, many current sceneries offered by Orbx require Orbx Central to be the installation application.  If there problems with Orbx Central not arranging your scenery library to your satisfaction, there are remedies that have been suggested by both Nick and Doug which are effective.

See this thread:

Well on a re-install of P3D Orbx Central mislayered my scenery (i dont use any other 3rd party add ons apart from a weather engine). I had duplicated buildings in Moscow so whos knows what else had been mis placed? This fresh install was on an existing windows installation where i had removed P3D, all orbx sceneries and FTX central to cleanly update to 4.5 and then reinstalled all scenery with Orbx Central- this is when the problems first occurred. 

So i have gone for the nuclear option by re installing windows and have just installed vanilla P3D 4.5....reluctant to use Central.

I know Nick had provided a link to another forum member to FTX 3 as he was still using that for scenery installed prior to Centrals release.

My old flight computer has had P3D removed and de-activated, so while I await my new flight computer I tried going back to FSX. My Virtual Airline uses EGTB High Wycombe (Booker) airfield as its Intial Fying Course base, and has a modified ADE_FTX_ENG_EGTB.bgl file designed to replace the equivalent ADE_FTX_ENG_EGTB.bgl ORBX file at location ORBX>FTX_EU>FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY>scenery.

This replacement file adds the updated (more realistic) buildings, fuel pump facility, grass runway, grass taxiway, taxiway designation boards and stop bars. At least it did.

Since switching to Orbx Central this modification appears not to work. Using a clean re-installation of all my ORBX scenery using Orbx Central has made no difference.

However, when now accessing my Scenery Library via FSX (or vis Scenery Configurator) I notice that only FTXAA_ORBXLIBS and the ORBX!OPENLC scenery area files appear in the list - there are no ORBX VECTOR files or FTX files, or indeed any other of the many Orbx files I used to see listed. Below is a snapshot of the relevant part of Scenery Configurator page.

I am obviously doing somehing wrong, but can' figure it out. Any help much appreciated.

John

1561520225_SceneryConfig_01.thumb.png.fee0c1f4ce8b458609866fc4018e7c47.png

Hello John,

It look like Orbx Central has not added back the scenery library entries for EU England, so you will not see your modifications.

Try a visit to the Insertion Point page in Orbx Central and set Airports and regions to just below the lowest of your other addon

scenery and openLC to below that. You will see a bar at the top that turns green when the changes have been made.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that.

I had actually done as you suggest using the Scenery Configurator program, nevertheless did check using Orbx Central.  The problem is how do I "know" that Orbx Trees HD has actually loaded correctly. Orbx Central confirms that it has installed, I have verified the files, but it all still looks a bit sparse. Maybe its different in FSX  cf. Prepar3D which I normally use?

I cannot add Orbx Trees HD via myScenery Configurator program as it is not a scenery area. I presume it sits inside one of the other scenery files as n internal modification?

Hi Nick,

Problem solved completely!

The answer was the order of the various files/scenery areas within the FSX Scenery Folder. Using a reference description I re-ordered the scenery area folders into the "correct" order of priority and ALL the errors I had been experiencing disappeared.

What is relevant is that I had done, as far as I could tell (uninstalling all Orbx files using 'Uninstall', deleting any remaining files/folders referring to Orbx, and using a 'proprietary' computer ccleaner to tidy up the registry) a completely clean installation of my Orbx scenery using ORBX Central. As stated earlier, only the ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE scenery areas appeared in the FSX Scenery Library (no ORBX airports such as ESSA, no FTX files at all, and no ORBX!VECTOR_xxx files), even though they were all in the correct location within my FSX program.

I then added the missing scenery files to my FSX Scenery Library, but in my calculated priority order. This was incorrect, especially for the ORBX!VECTOR_xxx files. With regard to the latter I remembered that the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC was placed by ATX Central way down the priority order, so I looked online for more guidance and found the reference referred to above. Following this guidance all came good.

I am guessing that perhaps something I missed deleting on my computer interfered with the ORBX Central installation, which when used confirmed that all my sceneries had been successfully installed.

John

Archived