FTX/Orbx installation.

Bassman

I have doubts that although I have followed Wolter's very clear installation instructions, I seem to be missing some scenery that I see on other's screenshots.

Also, when I installed Acceleration, I uninstalled FSX SP2 as required; don't know if this has anything to do with my query or not.

I have raised a query about my FTX/Orbx installation in "Warbirds over Lilydale" in Screenshots section where Franck66 has what I believe to be Yarra Glen race course in his third screenshot, however I have flown all over the Yarra Valley on my system and am also very acquainted with the real Yarra Glen, and do not have the race course appearing.

As I say, this brings into question the accuracy of my installation.

Can a moderator tell me first off, is the race course part of FTX AU scenery? or am I looking for a race course that is placed there by some other addon or indeed default FSX (strongly doubt that default FSX would have this race course).

If it is part of FTX Blue, then is there any other way I can test my the accuracy of all my FTX installations?

Cheers

Dan

I had installed all the Beta's including the latest 3004 however somehow missed Beta 3003. ::) ::)::)

Installed Beta 3003 and lo and behold! there was Yarra Glen race course and in fact the whole region looks substantially different than Beta 3002!!!!!!Just shows how much work goes into each patch.

If anybody still doubts that FTX is the new FSX1, just re-install YLIL Beta 3002 (to over-ride 3003 and 3004) fly around the Yarra valley and then re-install Beta 3003 and 3004 and then see how even those patches are an amazing achievement.

Thanks to all for your assistance here.

Regards Dan

Archived