ORBX and X-Europe Simheaven.

jcmic

Hi everyone,

I use ORBX (north, central and south) as well as X-Europe 4.1 from Simheaven.

Currently all my X-Europe libraries are located BELOW  all those of ORBX in the scenery_pack.ini file.

My goal is to ensure to only use ORBX while flying over GB (without the risk of seeing duplicate objects or slowdowns due to X-Europe libraries)

and of course find X-Europe's benefit everywhere else in Europe.

Do I have to do something either within ORBX (exclusion ?) or within SimHeaven (deactivate GB 's data) , in order to achieve this goal please ?

Thank you

jcmic 

@jcmic

I found when I first flew from EGLL with both Orbx and X-Europe active I had many strange & weird graphical corruptions. So I deleted all the equivalent dsf files from each of the X-Europe folders and it appears to have resolved the issue. I too had X-Europe below Orbx in the scenery.ini using xOrganiser.

Thank you both for your answers.

The problem with using one specific version of scenery.ini (with or without X-Europe) is in case you cross the Channel. (example : A  fly from France to GB)

If you use the  'with X-Europe'  version then potential conflict with Orbx while over GB.

But if you use the 'without' X-Europe'  version you won't have the benefit of X-Europe while over France.

I was wondering if Orbx eventually managed the exclusions, but that does not seem to be the case if we refer to the comment from STUARTH

I use X-Europe and have all the TEGB addons. I get no conflicts at all. It is a matter of how you layer your scenery_packs.ini. Make sure all the X-Europe files are way down the scenery_packs layering and that OrbxLibsXP are above X-Europe. If you also have Terra Flora then disable X-Europe forests.

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, Jon Clarke said:

I use X-Europe and have all the TEGB addons. I get no conflicts at all. It is a matter of how you layer your scenery_packs.ini. Make sure all the X-Europe files are way down the scenery_packs layering and that OrbxLibsXP are above X-Europe. If you also have Terra Flora then disable X-Europe forests.

I guess XOrganizer takes care of that for me?
Also found the tip regarding Golf courses and so on here, regarding X-Europe. 

This is what it looks like on my side. 

X-europe.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

I'm also using xOrganizer. I've rearranged the order a bit after xOrganizer automatically organized the scenery. 

• I grouped Orbx airport overlays with rest of airports. xOrganizer placed these way down at the bottom, under X-Europe.
  • I placed all Orbx TE overlay and custom folders in one group called "Orbx regional scenery" above X-Europe
  • I had to move Orbx LOWI Orthos to the bottom, among other ortho folders (would otherwise block other scenery)

Not sure if X-Europe forests need to be diasbled as I think this folder only contains OSM data for placing trees hence not conflicting with TerraFlora.

I might move Orbx libraries above OpenSceneryX though (xOrganizer alphabetically organizes it this way).

BSbCd6a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, my log shows simheaven to still be loading - Orbx is above it in the scenery pack. should i be worried about this? I am worried that simheaven is showing through Orbx.

vtwaMnx.png

This is near Inverness. Is there anyway I can check if Simheaven is leaking through?

38 minutes ago, dipperdolphin said:

Hi all, my log shows simheaven to still be loading - Orbx is above it in the scenery pack. should i be worried about this? I am worried that simheaven is showing through Orbx.

vtwaMnx.png

This is near Inverness. Is there anyway I can check if Simheaven is leaking through?

I can only repeat my answer to the original post a while back in that I too have x-europe and have no clashes or anomalies. I have not removed any x-europe content covered by TEGB addons. If you have any doubts you could always just disable x-europe when flying solely in GB but I have not found that necessary at at all. I often fly form TEGB to Europe (ortho4xp)

Here is where I have my x-europe layered in my scenery_packs.ini:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/PARIS_DSF_2.5/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/