True earth v2 missing buildings

Bluebbe

Hi there, 

I have been using True Earth GB south for the last year with no problems.
Yesterday I installed Orbx Central and downloaded TE GB South V2.

Just tried a flight over London but noticed a lot of London landmarks are missing, such as Canary Warf , Westminster Palace, Big Ben, the Shard, Wilkie Talkie etc. I have verified the files and re synced with P3D but still have the problem.

In another thread someone had the same problem and was told to install the True earth library which is separate from the orbx library.

If this is true is the library downloaded as part of GB South or a separate download? I can’t see any reference to it.

Also what  True Earth entries should be shown in the P3D scenery library, I’m sure it’s just a config problem.

Hi Nick,

thanks for the speedy reply, great support as always.

When you say check the add ons menu do you mean the menu bar within the simulator? Also what would be the entries I am looking for.? Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve configured P3D, I’m normally too busy flying :-)

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

in the in game menu bar, you will see Options.

Click on that and select Add-ons.

See if there is a TEGB Libraries entry in that list.

Hi Nick not wanting to sound silly but if the TE Libraries are not listed how would one obtain them are they part of the normal lib file or are the supposed to come with the TE product?

I'm asking as I have a similar problem in the central TE area with Blackpool tower and the Jubilee tower and the winter Hill tv mast not showing up.

That’s all There is Nick. Any suggestions how to get the library entry into Addons? Can it be done manually or thru Orbx central ?

Also, as Ticker7 asked, are the libraries included in the GB south download or are they a separate package?

Hi Nick,

at the moment I only have TEGB south. I did try verifying this morning but was still the same.

have attached a screen of my Orbx library folder, should I have a folder for TEGB library?

If so is it worth deleting true earth and backups then reinstalling, or can you download the TEGB library separately?

I’m just wondering if my original download of TEGB ll was corrupt.

C4290E4A-3C3C-41D2-908D-C5C416B823C2.png

Hi Nick,

No go I’m afraid.
I uninstalled TEGB and deleted the backup folder so a new copy would be downloaded.

Reinstalled TEGB, every thing seemed to go fine and I re synced with the sim. I checked, but as before, there is still no TEGB library entry in the add ons screen and no TEGB library folder in my main Orbx folder.

Any ideas? Would it be worth manually downloading TEGB and try to install that?

Hi!

As this may be a Orbx Central issue, I'll move it to the Orbx Central subforum for now.

Can you please try to run 'Verify Files' in Orbx Central for TEGB? Orbx Central should automatically install the libraries when you perform an Install or Verify. Once you've run that, please attach your Central log file:

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

• You can also find it in Central on the Settings page, under Help

Hi Mitchell,

I think the problem is solved. I uninstalled Orbx Central, downloaded a new copy and re installed.
Then I verified TEGB, again no problems found but the TEGB library folder still wasn’t showing within the Orbx Main library or in the P3D Orbx folder.
Strange thing, when I clicked on My Products it showed the TEGB library as installed so I migrated it over to the Main Orbx Library, synced the sim and everything is now back to normal. 
I don’t know where it was installed originally as I could see no trace of it. Anyway all working now and I must say what a great job you’ve made of TEGB V2 I’m getting way better frames over London and butter smooth. Time to buy TEGB central and North I think :-)

If you could answer one question, all my products are now in a library outside of P3D but I have noticed the initial load time has doubled Is this just a drawback of using an external library ?

Many thanks to both you and Nick for your help and a Happy New Year to you all.

I'm glad it has been resolved for you. We're looking into some strange behaviour occurring with the installation of the TEGB libraries and hope to improve Central to avoid it in the future.

17 minutes ago, Bluebbe said:

If you could answer one question, all my products are now in a library outside of P3D but I have noticed the initial load time has doubled Is this just a drawback of using an external library ?

It does appear to have a load time impact in some cases (on one of my PCs it didn't make any massive difference, on the other it increased it about 30%). I believe this is likely just a performance issue within Prepar3D itself when loading add-ons and hopefully it'll be improved in the future.

Archived