corrupted p3d nav map

At P3DV4.5 startup,the map in the Scenario set up panel initially shows correctly, but after a few seconds changes to a corrupt view whereby there seems to be to many rivers and expance of non-existant water areas.
 For example, much of Somerset seems to be flooded and also areas adjacent to Heathrow, this is also reflected on the GPS during flight although the actual outside view is normal. I use Orbx scenery including True earth, Great Britain.
 Is this an Orbx or P3D issue and how do I resolve it?

EGGL map.jpg

Hello,

the usual consequence of using photo scenery is that the map is entirely

blue, so this an improvement on that.

The spurious water should not affect the ability to use the map, any more

than the blue does.

If for some reason you need the default map, just untick the TEGB scenery

entries and it will return to normal.

Of course, if you do so, you will no longer see the TEGB scenery

59 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the usual consequence of using photo scenery is that the map is entirely

blue, so this an improvement on that.

The spurious water should not affect the ability to use the map, any more

than the blue does.

If for some reason you need the default map, just untick the TEGB scenery

entries and it will return to normal.

Of course, if you do so, you will no longer see the TEGB scenery

:o

Nick,

Thankyou for your quick response to my query, much appreciated.

I am pleased that the answer lies in the Orbx True Earth software, and not the P3d installation.

I only became aware of the problem when I installed the Vertx Diamond DA62 with the G1000's large coloured moving map display and at first thought that this software was the problem source.

I am a little disappointed as I would like this map depiction to represent the outside view, hopefully this will be resolved in a future update.

I have all 3 True Earth GB regions installed plus Global base pack, vector, open LC Europe and a few airports but I have only GB1 and Orbx Objectsflow2 showing in the Add-ons selection tab of the P3D Scenario screen, is this correct, as all appear in the scenery configuration list ?

Once again, thankyou for your help.

md

Hello,

I would expect to see Objectflow 2 in the add-ons menu.

It could be that the three TEGB areas have been installed into the P3D v4 root folder

but that the TEGB Libraries have been installed as an add-on.

This was questioned in testing but not answered.

It should not affect how TEGB works.

A little background insight:

There are water vector polygons underneath the photoreal scenery. The simplest approach would be to cover everything underneath with water to make sure there are no landclass scenery elements bleeding through near riverbanks and shorelines (a landclass bleedthrough would look a little like this). The problem here is that P3D's GPS map reads those water vectors and shows them in the map (this is what you see in the GPS window).

Solution here has been to create a buffer of 50-100 meters around the waterbodies to ensure that there are no bleedthrough areas, the general layout represents the waterbodies well enough and they are simple enough now to slow down the map/GPS. This is what you're seeing and of course this is very prominent around EGLL because of its unusually large number of small drainage basins around it.

Bests,

Sascha

Archived