Attention Nick Cooper...the Add on question ...

...since you locked it...I just wanted to say, that as I deleted my Library and reassigned all that was in the Library of Central 4, back into the main Orbx, within the root folder, all has been 'auto corrected' by P3D 4.5.  It generated new scenery.cfg files...deleted all that was wrong in the Add-On.cfg file...and now everything (including a 90 percent faster loading of P3D 4.5) to the start/choice screen) is fine. So...whether they were 'wrong or right' in advice off site...taking it (not using and deleting the Orbx Central 4 Library I had installed on another drive) certainly worked like a charm.

Locking the thread, never gave me the chance to reply to your comments, as to what occurred taking that advice. Consider them now replied to by the O.P.  Cheers,

Thank you.

Orbx Central is a new and innovative method of installing Orbx products and in many

respects does things that have never been done before.

It has attracted quite an amount of "bad press" much of which was justified but also

most of which is outdated due to the large number of updates that have been released,

solving most of the problems.

Unfortunately, there are those who choose not to follow developments or even in some

cases, not to even try the software, preferring to use second hand anecdotal evidence to

put forward or follow views that are neither based on personal experience, nor up to date.

Add to this that there are those that have had problems with Orbx Central that were not

due to Orbx Central, just as there are with all attempts to use flight simulation software,

but who are convinced that they are and it can be seen that there is  room for there to be

inaccurate support advice and unwarranted condemnation of the software.

We try to offer accurate and hopefully effective support but we do not engage in

competition with support advice for Orbx software from other sources.

For what it's worth, I also found that with many products installed into an Orbx Library,

the initial loading time appeared to increase to an unacceptable level for me.

I have stayed with Orbx Central but returned everything to the P3D v4 root folder and

things have improved greatly. 

I do not know why this should be, only that it is.

I cannot claim any kind of scientific result but I can claim that this can be perfectly well

achieved and work correctly using Orbx Central.

It seems that you have done the same and with a similar result, or did you revert to FTX Central?

Hi Nick...actually I really like Central 4!  Simply what I did, was to uninstall about 25 entries that I had installed to the Central 4 Library that I created on another drive. But...after that...it took like a full 10 to 15 minutes to get to the small choice screen for the flight.  Also, the other .cfg problems I highlighted.  So...after uninstalling those titles...and deleting the Library within the Central 4 Settings menu....I then and installed them right into the P3D 4.5 folder.  After that...(and they were all installed around 25 or so...), it was like 3 minutes or less, and I was at the screen.  

So I imagine...something is not quite right in using installs through a created Central 4 Library...as like I said...P3D 4.5 considered that I had added 25!!! Add-ons to the Add On folder within your Documents, of which of course, I had not.  I think...that what P3D is doing...in using LINKED installs...is that it IS considering them Add On .xml installs...and is installing the whole kit into memory...and THAT is what is taking 12 or so minutes. Of course..then, you have all your system ram stolen by files not needed to be put into memory.  Not being an expert...bu that is what (I think) is accounting for all the lengthened time, you and I had...

Perhaps, Orbx and the Dev's behind Central 4, need to check out the Library and Migrate features a tad more...for this IS a problem. Thank goodness, that P3D 3.5 on the next run...cleaned things on its internal .cfg files itself....and now all is good once more...

Cheers,

Archived