Alderney Airport Terrain Issues

Bruce66

Order number 5e020ab8d7b92

I have purchased and downloaded the Alderney Airport Scenery but it does not display properly. The terrain has pits and cliffs in it and the main runway has different levels.

Please see images.

Is there a fix for this?

Regards

20191226232856_1.jpg

20191226232918_1.jpg

So I uninstalled Alderney pending a response/solution. I turned on EU England (after verifying the files using ORBX Central) and I discover the same elevation issue at Alderney.

I tried Global Vector and the elevation is correct there.

Any ideas?

I found three files referencing EGJA in Scenery/World/Scenery:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGJA_elevation_adjustment.BGL
EGJA_ADEX_GRJ_ALT.bgl
UTX_EGJA_EUR.bgl

I tried to remove one at a time and checked the EU England Alderney Airport - then two at a time and then all three (with a computer reset) but the EU England scenery is still at the wrong elevation.

Am I on the right track or just wasting time?

I have not yet tried re-installing the Alderney Scenery....

1 hour ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

Any chance you could share the name of the offending files with us, just in case we have the same problem?

Thanks!

It was my UTX Europe files for the Channel Island airports found in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder. I removed them to a temp file and re-installed EU England and then the new Alderney Scenery. I also checked in the EU England Configuration program to ensure that all the islands were turned on except the Alderney files from EU England.

I am not sure why this happened as it is the first itme I have come across a cross scenery problem like this. I know UTX and ORBX do not work well at the same time but they have never caused a problem when I only have one active.

9 hours ago, Bruce66 said:

It was my UTX Europe files for the Channel Island airports found in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder. I removed them to a temp file and re-installed EU England and then the new Alderney Scenery. I also checked in the EU England Configuration program to ensure that all the islands were turned on except the Alderney files from EU England.

Thank you Bruce, I appreciate the information.

Archived