XPlane 11 error after installing True Earth UK Sceneries

Paul_

Hi Everyone

I have tried installing True Earth South/Central and North onto a brand new vanilla installation of XPlane 11 and I am having issues with an error messages when loading the sim in any area of the UK ..... so having scratched around on here I saw that Nick suggested 'Verifying the files' which I did but I'm still getting the same error messages

I then decided to uninstall all three scenery areas and then just install the southern area but sadly no change 

The error says this:-

Error  Could not locate image file for terrain 

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/Terrain/ab90x10000x17.ter
Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/textures/ab90x10000x17.dds

I click on 'Understood' and it crashes back to the desktop  

Now, I have noticed that the sim had a small update to version 11.41 before I started to install and I am wondering if that could be the culprit??

Any help with this would be kindly appreciated  

Thank you  

Paul

@Paul_ The error relates to the incomplete conversion process of converting jpg imagery to dds format imagery.  DDS images are 2-2.5 times larger in size (i.e. KB/MB) and therefore require more disk space. Orbx central is determining that you have not got the required disk space to do the complete conversion process.

Please advise the following:

Amount of disk space on the drive that you have downloaded to,

The amount of space on the XP installation drive.

Please note the wording and info about download/install and full installation disk space requirements which are posted in the Product Description on Orbx Direct site.

It is stating you need 26GB space for the download, at least another 26-30GB disk space for the extraction process and then at least 127 GB disk space for the full installation.

The initial download of TEGB South is 26GB, the installation uses at least twice that and the installed product is 127GB

Good morning Jon 

Thank you for getting back to me it is well appreciated 

Ok  … this is a brand new 1TB M2 SSD  …. The amount of disk space available is 760GB so no issues with not having enough space 

I didn't sit in front of the download and only can imagine that it went through the correct process of download/extraction and installation because it did say  'Product Installed'  at the end

I can have another go and installing it and actually watch what it is doing if you like  ….

I await any other instructions from you 

Thank you Jon 

Paul  

Hello Paul,

please note that unless you change the location, the installation process takes place on the C drive.

Of course, your SSD probably is the C drive but if not, Orbx Central can change the location.

There are also prerequisite programs that must be installed for the conversion to take place successfully.

You will find them listed in the Orbx Central user guide.

Finally, if you cannot make it work after implementing these suggestions, please attach a copy of the Orbx Central log

and we can take a look at that for you.

Hi Nick 

Thank you for your suggestions  …… I did create an ORBX folder as the main library and pointed it to there but had the errors    …… So I uninstalled it and then installed it direct into the XPlane folder as prompted by Orbx Direct but still had the same issues  

Yes the SSD is  labelled as C Drive  

Paul 

Thanks,

can you check that you have all the prerequisites in place please?

To help you out, here is the extract from the User Guide.

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

Jon and Nick 

Excellent news chaps … that has worked a treat … all up and running 

Thank you very much indeed for your excellent support and may I take this opportunity to wish you both a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year

Kindest regards 

Paul 

Archived