X-Plane updates

chaseydog

I recently installed the Global TeraFlora, True Earth Oregon, True Earth Washington and a few of the area airports as well as the freeware airports. When I run the X-Plane updater I'm being asked if I want to keep or overwrite certain files such as 1000 autogen/forests/textures/ag_trees_eu_ALB.dds. How do I proceed with X-Plane updates if I have Orbx content installed. My Orbx content is saved to a separate library so I'm guessing that overwriting this file with the new file would not affect my Orbx stuff but I wanted to be sure.

Hello,

welcome to the forums

If the X-Plane updater is asking if you want to keep files, I would assume that it does not recognise those files as its own

and that they have therefore been changed.

If you let it overwrite them with its own file versions, that change will be lost and something that was working will no longer do so.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you let it overwrite them with its own file versions, that change will be lost and something that was working will no longer do so.

Hi Nick,

I also can never remember if TerraFlora sticks files in the XP resources folders or not, so I usually have the same hesitation about XP updates. Presumably a "verify files" for TF via Central would resolve any issues / reinstate any files anyway?

Here is a response I gave in early November regarding Terra Flora. Yes it does place a couple of files in resources as noted below:

I update XP almost as soon as they are released and always choose to "keep existing files" as these will normally pertain to modded files by the user associated with an addon or an enhancement which the user,me, would want to keep.

"It should be noted that Terra Flora not only installs in the Custom Scenery, but Terra Flora replaces 2 files in the directory: Resources\default scenery\1000 autogen\forests\textures The 2 files are "ag_trees_eu_ALB.dds" and "autogen_trees_ALB.dds.

So enabling or disabling the folder of Terra Flora in the Custom Scenery will not remove the 2 files in Resources. 

The 2 pics below are what are in the Resources/default scenery/1000 autogen/forests/textures folder: "

Terra Flora ag_trees_eu_ALBdds

1.thumb.JPG.00fd159d10373779860058d761e638b3.JPG

Default ag_trees_eu_ALB.dds

3.thumb.JPG.7b3cc1464cb2c3c953e0fccd947b2899.JPG

Archived