TEGB cannot find .dds file

Surfzup101

GB South was working great- beautifull!!!. Next day does not. It can't find files which I confirmed are in the folder. Attached.

GB Central is fine.

Reinstalled. Nothing.

Followed the advice above, although some differs. Order of scenery, attached, Convert file and get the same. 

Again, files are definitely in the file that is referenced.

Help! I love the product.

THX!

2019-12-15.png

2019-12-15 (3).png

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

I have moved this to its own topic.

It is quite possible to use an area that has not properly installed without

seeing the errors until the area of the product that contains the missing

texture calls is reached.

I expect that this is what happened to you.

The usual reason for a partial installation is a lack of disk free space,

either on the disk where the installation is to take place or on the disk

on which the files are to be installed.

I need you to attach your scenery_packs.ini rather than a pic of it. The layering is incorrect and I can rearrange it.

Regarding the error message you are receiving. It is difficult to understand how it was working fine one day and not the next because that message indicates an incomplete conversion process during installation. I need you first off to open the TEGB South/orthos/texture folder and in the little search box enter .jpg (dot jpg)

If it finds some jpg files it means that the conversion from jpg to dds format images is not complete due mainly to predicted lack of Disk space. So advise me of the amount of Disk space you have left on the disk to which you are installing TEGB South.

Do the 2 requested actions and then we will see what can be done.

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini. The one glaring absence in your scenery packs is there is no reference to OrbxLibsXP which is essential for Orbx addons to work properly. Open Orbx central and go to Global and download the Libraries as in the attached pic:Capture.thumb.JPG.486e222337d2b642c252582e655c34d8.JPG

When you have downloaded and installed the Orbx Library, run XP and then exit XP. Open your scenery_packs.ini and move the line

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/ to the bottom of the scenery_packs.ini and Save.

I also attach a  programme for you to drop into your TEGB South/Orthos/texture folder. When you have placed in the folder click on it and it will run a dos programme to convert any non converted files, although there shouldn't be any according to your statement about no jpg files.

If all this fails then run the Verify Files option for TEGB South. If the problem still persists then you need to install TEGB South to another Disk with at least I would say 175 GB free space,

scenery_packs.ini

Convert.cmd

10 hours ago, Surfzup101 said:

I don't see a screen like the one you sent. See attached.

No choice for Orbx libs.

So, I am running the .ini you sent in XP first, then changing it as instructed, correct?

STT

2019-12-16 (2).png

As Nick is saying you need to be using Orbx Central now and not FTX Central. However there is a clear message in blue telling you there is an update to Obx Librairies and to "click here"

Many thanks. Solved. 

Sorry, but I thought the "central" I was looking at was the one you spoke of. Looks alike.

I did a complete reinstall and placed the main library on another drive.

FYI: Installation kept freezing as shown in the attached, so I finally did a manual install and it works fine.

I love the product and am buying more from you today.

Steve

2019-12-17.png

Archived