Update to GB Central v1.1.1

flyingdrill

I used Orbx Central to update GB_Central, and it asked whether I had already converted the orthos.  I had (because it has to be done initially!), and the download then went to 14.55 GB, and it updated the Custom and Overlay sections, but they are not that large!  Because my orthos are on another drive (using a Mac), they were not touched, and I have no idea where the changed orthos (if there are any) went.   So, although it says it has updated to 1.1.1, has it?

I cannot be positive but if your orthos file is on a different drive than the Custom and Overlay then I doubt that Orbz Central would know where to look. One way to check is open the Orthos/texture folder and see the date of files within. If there wa updated data there would be probably a reference to the "modified" date.

If it didn't, you need to post your query to the Orbx Central support forum where they may be able to assist in guiding you how to resolve the issue.

Yes, Jon.  That's what I thought.  Funnily enough, I just found a directory (folder) in my downloads, which has the modified files.  I think I'll just merge them in, and see what happens!

The orthos folder has no dds files, though.  Just a few png and jpg files.  Does that sound right?

9 hours ago, flyingdrill said:

Yes, Jon.  That's what I thought.  Funnily enough, I just found a directory (folder) in my downloads, which has the modified files.  I think I'll just merge them in, and see what happens!

The orthos folder has no dds files, though.  Just a few png and jpg files.  Does that sound right?

No there should only be dds and png files. This means the conversion has not been done.

I attach a small programme to insert into the TEGB Central/orthos/texture folder. Once inserted in there, click on it and it will run in dos and do the conversion of the jpgs to dds.

Convert.cmd

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

No there should only be dds and png files. This means the conversion has not been done.

I attach a small programme to insert into the TEGB Central/orthos/texture folder. Once inserted in there, click on it and it will run in dos and do the conversion of the jpgs to dds.

Convert.cmd 116 B · 0 downloads

Sorry about delay in replying.  "Stuff" intervened!   On a second look, I realised I had the South revision saved, not Central.   So, where the Central ortho revision folder went, I have no idea.  Also, the script you gave is for Windows, and I'm on a Mac.  It also refers to paths and a program that I do not have, even if I could use it in Boot Camp.

Surely, I don't have to download another 14Gb just to get the whole orthos revision folder - please......?  I would, anyway, have to adjust my file structure to make Central work on it at all.  I suppose I could make a link, because the shortcut (alias) does not work, or I have to write the whole folder back to my main drive, and copy it back to the external one after Central has done the job.  

7 minutes ago, flyingdrill said:

Sorry about delay in replying.  "Stuff" intervened!   On a second look, I realised I had the South revision saved, not Central.   So, where the Central ortho revision folder went, I have no idea.  Also, the script you gave is for Windows, and I'm on a Mac.  It also refers to paths and a program that I do not have, even if I could use it in Boot Camp.

Surely, I don't have to download another 14Gb just to get the whole orthos revision folder - please......?  I would, anyway, have to adjust my file structure to make Central work on it at all.  I suppose I could make a link, because the shortcut (alias) does not work, or I have to write the whole folder back to my main drive, and copy it back to the external one after Central has done the job.  

Don't you just hate "stuff":lol:

OK so you use Mac. The answer to your problem is really to move the orthos folder into your XP directory and do the update, assuming you have room. After the update you could then move it back to where it was before. That would be a damn sight quicker than reinstalling the whole addon again.

I know of another way that it could be done, by moving your Custom and Overlay folders to the same place as your Orthos folder and then doing a symbolic link to your Custom Scenery folder. But I don't know much about Mac and whether it allows symbolic links or even if there is a tool for Mac that does it.

OK Jon.  That's pretty much what I thought I'd have to do. Thanks for your interest and, yes, you can do links very simply with Macs, but I think I'll copy the orthos file over, and hope that Central sees that it hasn't been updated - because the other folders in the package have been.....   However, I may restore them to the first version, which I can do from a backup.  Probably safer.  Luckily, I don't have a data cap on my broadband :rolleyes:

Regards.

Archived