TE Washington SD parts missing (around KORS)

Hi,

had no problems with TE GB South so far, but on my setup I have the isles of Orcas Island in default mesh, without TE covering it. It is closeby that you clearly see where it starts. I did make the first pictures without the Orbx KORS airfield installed, on the last it is installed and here you still see where the airport coverage ends and where default starts. I did de-install the full SD TE package and the airfield and re-downloaded and installed without any difference. I did move KSEA demo area out of the folder, but nothing changed.

Any help appreciated! Scenery Packs Ini attached.orbx2.thumb.jpg.49d595b2e6993007642c2d43daa452f5.jpgorbx3.thumb.jpg.68ba8456d66fab0e9749224e2bace779.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

I have the same problem:

I just purchased the Washington TE SD and when I get buildings at default airports then I get only one tile of orbx ortho(Friday Harbor the orbx tiles stops just 2 miles east of the airport).  When I get all tiles showing ortho I get no buildings at default airports.

What am I doing wrong?

What is the proper ini.file sequence?

Thankyou,

jetjerry

Hi JetJerry,

strange - I personally see nothing in my INI that might block single ortho tiles from Orbx. I further assume that the ORBX central interface does care for the order in the ini.

Hope someone replies - but I found out that this is not the right forum (did post it on my smartphone and it is rather difficult to see that it is not meant for support).

Regards

Alfred

@thunderbird_vienna I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini as there were some layering errors in it. I must say your pics show horrible imagery !

Anyway try putting the attached scenery pack into Custom Scenery and see if it improves the situation. What are your XP settings? Can you attach a pic of them because you are lacking a lot of detail going by what I see in your 2 pics.

scenery_packs.ini

@jetjerry Attach your scenery_packs.ini for review please.

@Jon Clarke thank you for rearranging. I did download and use your new ini, but it did not solve the problem. I have a 3 projector curved screen setup which does make it difficult to make pictures from outside the physical aircraft shell. I have posted below 2 pictures of my setup with ORBX TE GB to give you a fresh idea what it is like when it is running. I further more made test flights around the Washington TE product and found all tested airports embedded in ortho, so it looks like there is just a problem with the tile(s) around KORS. It is just missing.

Specs: Alienware i7-700K, GTX1070 16MB graphics on 3 short throw outputs curved through FlyElise on Xplane 11.35

Visual Effects: MAX (HDR+SSAO)

Texture Quality MAX (second to last)

AA: 4xSSAA

World Obj: MAX

Reflection Detail: MIN

Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos Properties:

D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery

Size: 54,8 GB

Files: 52.851 (5 Folders)

Read only attribute

orbx4.jpg

orbx5.jpg

I need a good quality non blurred image if possible. i am attaching a pic of what I see after leaving Orcas airport. I see no missing tile. Your file count of the TE Washington Orthos properties are exactly what I have in my SD version. I therefore need an outside view of the area around Orcas Island that you are having a problem with and ensure the pics are taken with Orbx Orcas airport (KORS) and TE Washington installed. Can you not take an outside shot by changing View to External/chase and then pause and then click on the upper Taskbar/File/Take screenshot?

This is what i see with both KORS and TE Washington installed:

Capture.thumb.JPG.8681433f722b6bcc10248f6673a9c0d7.JPG

I really am struggling to find out what the actual problem is. Your new pictures all look like default scenery . Yes I can see a line but the image each side of the line looks like default scenery. There is no distinct difference in colour or tone nor any difference in texture. It certainly doesn't look anything like my pic of TE Washington with KORS installed as i showed in my pic I posted.

I have no experience of 3 projector curved screen set up and I assume that is why you cannot give me a picture that looks like mine but apparently with some missing tile. 

I am very sorry I can't help, but I have only one suggestion. Uninstall and reinstall TE Washington, and KORS and then see if you still have the same problem.

Your files in TE Washington orthos are the same as mine so that is why I struggle to think you have a missing tile. 

Hello,

I am no X Plane 11 expert but this would be my advice for FSX or P3D when there is something

apparently illogical going on:

Could you try disabling all your other addon scenery and then see if the products do display correctly?

To this end, I have disabled everything else in the attached scenery_pack.ini file.

This is the file that you attached and I note that there is no trace of KORS in it at all, so there is no

surprise that you do not see that.

I did the same to my own and see this,

without KORS

2.jpg

with KORS

1.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

@Nick Cooper thank you for taking the time to disable all the scenery in my ini. It did work out and you were right, something did block the region. The thing is that there is just Arlington, which is closeby in my folder, so everything else is not in this area. So it might be a long way to track the problem out to get the rest of my scenery back running.

But at least I can now enjoy KORS and the region! Thanks to all for helping.

Alfred

Archived