Savannah

Savannah

Hi all

so confused as im sure many customers are.

I started to find scenery files for my flight sim Xplane 11 and found a site called orbx where i notice a file called True Earth Great Britian South xplane 11

it looked great so i paid for it and it started to download, it explained it would download and install, I thought Great.

After it had all finished i opened up xplane but was supprised it didnt look any different after taking about 4 hr in all to do.

so I did some looking on the internet to find conflicting stories about ini files.

the structure of my files is             E:/xplane 11               all files were downloaded  and installed to this folder I do hate companies who state it will automaticly set its self up

any ideas?

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Please change your forum name to something that is not your e mail address.

I will move your topic from the no support requests here forum to the X Plane 11

support forum where Jon will be able to help you with the problem

To help him, please attach a copy of your scenery_packs.ini file.

Thanks.

• Savannah changed the title to Savannah
8 hours ago, wyrleybird80@googlemail.co said:

found it thanks

Attach it at your convenience. Also please advise your PC specs, your disk space and if you download to your C drive or another disk and what disk you have your XP install. I need that info to determine that your installation was completed successfully.

To attach a document or pic you just drag it to where I indicate in the pic below:

Capture.thumb.JPG.29704ec995846ff2e955f487051fb1d5.JPGTo attach a  To aor

3 hours ago, wyrleybird80@googlemail.co said:

Sorry photo to big in size but spec is

Nvidia version 391.35       Geforce GTX 980

XP installed to E drive 1.8TB     632GB left

intel i7-477ok cpu@3.50ghz

16GB Installed ram    15,9 usable

64bit windows 10

You didn't attach your scenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon sorry I didnt know didnt realise you had  asked for it.

Im just trying a fresh install on D: drive so until the scenery packs are installed  i will not be able to look at the ini file , but the 

last one did not have any extra files installed which is the reason it didnt work, its  being downloaded and installed by the Orbx program.

I will let you know when done   Thanks 

6 hours ago, wyrleybird80@googlemail.co said:

Hi Jon installed on D:

folder   D:X-Plane/customsenery          no ini file          Just sceneey_pack     config settings

same  drive      D:/gbr-south-xp11     inside  all zipped files

I don't understand your reply I'm afraid. You say that TEGB South is now installed.

Did you then run XP and then exit XP? If you did that then you would have a scenery-Packs.ini in the Custom Scenery folder.

Please also explain what you mean about the gbr-south-xp11 folder being full of zipped files. There is no such file as that unless you are renaming Orbx files, ans it is only the Download file of TEGB South that would be full of zipped files which then Orbx Central extracts, converts jpg content to dds format imagery and installs into your chosen location.

Hi Jon 

Thanks for being so patient so I had the x-plane from   Steam and it was downloaded by steam  i didnt quite know where it was putting the files

but belive it is in E:/steam libary/steamapps/common/x-plane11.

Inside x-plane11 is a custom scenery file, inside this file is the .ini file.

the program has been run.

structure below   

xplane2.png

xplane1.png

xpane1.png

Slightly rearranged your scenery_packs.ini. Put it in your Custom Scenery folder and let it overwrite your existing one. Keep a copy of it somewhere safe.

As NIck says make sure your World Objects is set to maximum. I would also suggest you try a flight from EG20 Clench Common as that is the only Orbx airport addon you have and will also be in the TEGB South coverage area. That way we can see if your Orbx addons are now correctly displaying.

scenery_packs.ini

Archived