FTX Central v4 "Main Library'...?

Timmy74

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Hello chaps,

I have just installed FTX Centralv4 and am confused as to what this "choose library location thingy is all about!?!  I can not seem to find the manual for FTX to explain this and one must chose a path while installing FTX Central v4...!?!?

Why would FTX centralv4 just not install the library inside the simulator like it use to?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

Tim. 

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi

You can find the user guide by opening Orbx Central and going to settings/help/user guide. I will also link it below.

Also, You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow 2 for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit

On 11/30/2019 at 1:59 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

You can find the user guide by opening Orbx Central and going to settings/help/user guide. I will also link it below.

Also, You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow 2 for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit

Thank you for your answer.....   However, I am still confussed!?!

I have created a folder outside of the root P3Dv4 folder and called it "ORBX" which now has the 7.0mb of Orbx Object Flow in it.  When i go to "settings/Libraries" in FTX Central 4 it says....

"A library allows you to easily install Orbx products outside of your simulator directory. When installing a product, you will be prompted to select which library you want to install to." 

Then the tile next to it says "Create a new library"!?  I don't understand that command?  Would not ALL orbx products be placed in the ORBX root directory in P3Dv4??

To add to the confusion....directly under "Libraries" there is a "Main Library" title showing me where i created a file for the Orbx Object Flow -which during installation of FTX Central v4 said had to be outside of the root P3Dv4 folder. This then says "EDIT" or "DELETE"!?!?   Does this mean that this now my main Orbx Library folder -outside of the root ORBX folder!?! Why would there be an option to delete it if it is important?

My head is spinning!?

Archived