Missing Autogen in completely fresh install

espresso

Hi Espresso,

I had this problem too when I mixed FTX Central 3 en ORBX Central for the reasons discussed hereabove.

I solved the black textures problem too by re-installing with FTX Central only. 

That should do the trick till the ORBX Central hotfix is released :-)

My P3D v4.5 HF2 is also plagued by these occasional night textures that appear in different locations, but are predictable. It can be attributed to Open OLC but sometimes payware aiports cause these night textures to appear during the day. I'd appreciate a fix before the new sim is released.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Navigator16 said:

I updated to ORBX central and in New York City I got missing autogen in and around the city. I’ve tried everything to solve this it’s a real pain

As you read through the thread the current prossible solutions are:
1. Do a complete fresh install of P3D and install everything ORBX related with FTX Central 3
2. Wait for the ORBX Central patch or hotfix they are working on

1 minute ago, espresso said:

1. Do a complete fresh install of P3D and install everything ORBX related with FTX Central 3

ok well I’ll wait for a fix then I’m certainly not reinstalling everything that would take me a week. Thanks

4 minutes ago, espresso said:

ok well I’ll wait for a fix then I’m certainly not reinstalling everything that would take me a week. Can’t we just uninstall ORBX Central and then reinstall FTX Central 3? My ORBX folders are still in the root folder so I didn’t change anything 

1 hour ago, Navigator16 said:

Well I just figured out something it seems that the autogen issue for me is only in the ORBX base areas. The regions all have autogen with no issues. 

This only solves the problem in the dedicated ORBX region (see first page of this thread).

2 hours ago, R Smith said:

Just checking in, another victim of Orbx central, I await the fix as my sim has gone from perfect scenery and stable, to messed up scenery and CTD's. :(

Total and complete mess...

Yeah all my regions are fine I just got no Global it’s beyond weird. I’ve followed every step to try and get Global installed. The sim is showing that it’s installed but I got no autogen. A mess is right, hope a fix comes out for this soon 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:40 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have been in direct touch with the Orbx team and this problem is indeed under

review with action promised this week.

This does not promise an immediate solution but the problem is acknowledged.

I would like to thank you both for the trouble you have gone to in this topic and in

particular espresso for testing the theory and finding that it is valid. 

Hello, any updates from the developers on fixing this issue?

Thanks.

Hello,

no, not yet.

Developers often do not share with the support staff how far they are down a development process and

asking repeatedly has so far, in my experience, never elicited a useful response.

I fear that we will need to wait for them, I am sure that we will be informed as soon as possible when the

answer is found.

6 hours ago, Navigator16 said:

In all honesty I will go back to ORBX Central it’s just that it don’t seem like all the scenery is getting activated when you launch it. When I load FTX Central it says ORBX scenery activated. 

I'm still using it, i prefer to use the latest software, i'm just really annoyed at how it made a total mess of my scenery library and the missing auto gen...

Hello,

I posted this into another topic on the same subject.

Update.

Hello,

it seems that there is a problem with P3D v4 and autogen which has appeared since the release of version 4.4.

If you are interested in the technical details, someone has studied it and come up with

this post that makes interesting reading.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/add-on-autogen-bug-in-p3d-4-4-and-4-5-workaround.446495/

Our developers are fully aware of this now and the problem with autogen is being actively investigated and a

solution sought.

While the problem can be reproduced, it is not apparently consistent.

The other problem with landclass which is giving customers night textures during the day is also under investigation.

•  

• 1 month later...

Is there any update on this?

The workaround with FTX Central is getting more and more inconvenient since the new products all rely on ORBX Central.

In the meantime I have moved my P3D Installation to a completely new system since I sold the PC I had the problems on.

This installation was done with ORBX Central right from the beginning and everything worked fine so far.

I really hope a solution to this is will be found and provided to the users asap.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived