Re-install of ORBX (clean)

Good afternoon All, 

I have completely re-installed my P3D again in the hope of trying to get Orbx to work. 

Below I have tried to label exactly what I have done, the issue is absolutely nothing from Orbx will install however all other addons from other devs have with no issues. 

I downloaded central from my account at Orbx and installed central. 

I click on Prepar3d as my simulator and then it loads the Central common settings. 

Backup location is setup fine and confirmed

Create your first Library - this is were the issues start. (i do not change the default location)

When i click the Ok button it shows this: 

eeVp2tn.jpg

I then click the X (cross) button to remove the message it goes back to setting up the library but then shows this :

Z2vCaxk.jpg

If I then skip the step and tit asks for my saved payment details and then skip that step aswell. 

If I then go into the settings of Central and click on Libraries it does however show the Library created and the folder is confirmed on my Windows 

NYYIsfQ.jpg

Lastly if I go into Insertion Point and try and setup the entry points for ORBX on my scenery library it shows the following error aswell

41p63HA.jpg 

wFJ1VUP.jpg

If I do try and install any scenery it will not let me at all. 

I have also attached a copy of the Log file from Central 

Thanks very much

James 

central.log

Hi

Do you have these requirements installed that are outlined in the user guide linked below, and can also be found under settings/help/user guide?

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#heading=h.c8599j2b7gpu

Sorry to hijack this thread but I too have just rebuilt my W10x64 based PC and am keen to know what components need to be installed for Central to function correctly.

Like Visual C++ and Windows update. 

From memory, I have the latest w10 version installed (1909).

Thanks and Regards,

Marz

Hi!

Central is crashing when trying to read/write a UK2000 add-on.xml file.

2019-11-24T16:30:35.836Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\james\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\UK2000 Belfast Xtreme\add-on.xml' is denied.

Can you check that Read-only is unchecked on that file?

image.png

Archived