Communication error Win 7 Orbx Central and FTX Central

737Andi

Hello,

I'm not able to download anything via FTX Central or Orbx Central using their newest versions (I did not try the programs parallel. One program was always uninstalled). In FTX Central the Status stays on "Paused" and nothing happens. In Orbx Central I get the failure "communication error". It does not matter which download (e.g. orbx libraries, global base, trees hd) I choose. My disk space is sufficient with over 50GB. I also downloaded the files manually over your website. They are saved as .c4. Using them as .c4 or .zip (after renaming) files does also not work. I get the same failure "communication error" (see attached image).

I really hope you can help me!

I was not able to find the central.log file neither from ftx central nor from orbx central? :(

Thanks!

Operating system:  Windows 7 64bit

Simulator:  P3D 4.5 hotfix 1

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Download not possible

orbx.jpg

I cannot create the library on start up using the wizard. Maybe thats the problem?
Later on I'm also not able to resynchronise the simulator under the help section.
I'm using P3D version 4.5 for client and content while the rest of P3D is still on 4.0.

Unbenannt.jpg

I did a fresh install of P3D and updated everything to 4.5 H1. I deleted the scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg files.

I killed everything in the task Manager. I tried older versions of the central software as well.

Im running out of ideas. Help from the developers would be highly appreciated. 

Hi

Do you have these requirements installed that are outlined in the user guide?

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#heading=h.c8599j2b7gpu

I guess I will never find out the reason. I reverted back to an older back up of my whole harddisk using acronis. I think I will never touch Orbx Central again until the new FS2020 comes out. Very disappointing that such an Installation tool is mot working correctly.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:02 AM, 737Andi said:

I guess I will never find out the reason. I reverted back to an older back up of my whole harddisk using acronis. I think I will never touch Orbx Central again until the new FS2020 comes out. Very disappointing that such an Installation tool is mot working correctly.

We're able and willing to resolve this issue for you. This is most commonly a missing system requirement as Doug mentioned.

On 11/25/2019 at 4:21 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Please check that your Windows version is compatible, and that those redistributables are installed. If that does not resolve the issue further, there are other things we can try.

Archived