Global Lights not lighting up some roads in openLC NA

Airwolf

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro 1903

Simulator:  Prepar3d V4.5HF2

Screenshot:  Will Post Later

Issue:  Global highlway Lights

I am posting this at work as I do not know have a sim but I am hope you can guys can see it at the default airport with Orbx Central 4.0.27

Here is what is going on

I have a completely clean P3D4.5HF2;

1) I then proceed to install Orbx Global into the Simulator from Orbx Central 4.0.27 - and it gets installed.  Orbx Libraries also do get installed.

2) Then I proceed to load up default aircraft and default location to make sure Global is working properly - at the default airport location KVPS ----- Change Time Preview and I do see lights all around the airport higway.  Default location - I just skew the airplane up 3000 ft and run time preview.  No Flying here.

3) Now I proceed to install Vector first and then OpenLC NA

4) After install, I do run Vector Config Tool to the elevation check automatically.

5) I run the sim and everything looks great during day time - 

Here is the Issue

6) I skew up 3000 ft and default location/default aircraft and do time preview - now pretty much all highway lights are missing which were seen before with Global only.

7) As a test, I did change airport to KDCA and here I see most of the highways have lights maybe some are missing but at default KVPS, the highway lights are missing.

I have even verified the install few times - Global, Vector, OpenLC NA etc.  

Even clicked on Sync on Orbx Central.

Same Issue.

Can you guys see highway lights at KVPS on Prepar3d 4.5 HF2 with Orbx Central 4.0.27.

Thanks

This is just wild.  I am just surprised that no user saw this change.  I even installed FTX Central 3 on clean P3Dv4 - just to confirm and viola - Vector does remove the lights.  I even disabled the highways and enabled them back in via the config tool.  Same results.  I did go back to Orbx Central 4.0.27

Even installed the Global light tool - again same results

See Pics below

Orbx Global only - default location KVPS - look at the highway lights

Global Package Only

fcYWIom.jpg

8NgrBKn.jpg

pgEM1Ua.jpg

Now with Global and Vector

t2atr2b.jpg

5xlZVzr.jpg

I truly hope this is an easy fix.  I swear I remember lights being working on highways.

Thank you for your help.

With Vector, highways and freeways have classifications that determine whether lights will be placed on them. You will notice if you start at KMIA (Miami) and work you way to Florida's west coast and then up along the gulf, the freeway lights become more and more sparse as you go into the less populated areas. As to whether these classifications are correct when you get closer to Eglin AFB and Pensacola, I don't know. I suspect the source vector data simply classifies those roads/freeways as lower usage non-lighted ones.

48 minutes ago, molleh said:

With Vector, highways and freeways have classifications that determine whether lights will be placed on them. You will notice if you start at KMIA (Miami) and work you way to Florida's west coast and then up along the gulf, the freeway lights become more and more sparse as you go into the less populated areas. As to whether these classifications are correct when you get closer to Eglin AFB and Pensacola, I don't know. I suspect the source vector data simply classifies those roads/freeways as lower usage non-lighted ones.

I mean hardly any highways outside KDCA or even KVPS has any lights on but if I disable vector then tons of highways have lights.  This was not the case before, I would have seen this.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - I am gonna bump this thread up.

Any idea on why the lights are not on the highways - it is on some highways and some not.  I do remember that it wasn't this dark with vector enabled.  Any devs working on these projects wanna chime in.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have been involved in support for Vector since its release.

I have asked the same question as you do and at present,

there are no plans to further develop or improve Vector.

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the update.  I truly was hoping that this lighting bug/issue can be fixed on Vector; but from what I can infer now - that this issue may not get fixed at all - just disappointed :-[

So many highways with no lights......

The Orbx Lights are my fav Orbx innovation

• 6 months later...

Hi.

If this problem has been reported and is not going to be fixed ¿why does this product continue on sale? there are many users who enjoy flying at night, what are you doing is not correct for the end user. In the product description I do not see any note where the buyer is notified of this deficiency. https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-vector and the product still selling at 69.95 aud.

Regards.

Archived