New Zealand South Island scenery crash problem

Maarp

G'day everyone,

I recently bought the New Zealand (North and South Island) scenery and have noticed a problem flying out of NZNV. Every time I take off from here (the only departure I've done in NZ), P3D freezes and then reloads my default flight. It's happened with multiple aircraft on every departure. I've flown into NZNV successfully but can't leave!

Can anyone help, this is the only problem I've come across with my Orbx libraries.

Cheers

Warwick

Strange.  P3D crashes are usually straight to desktop if it comes across an FS9 model.

In cases like this I would untick every scenery layer you can in the Scenery Library, (use a scenery config editor to make it an easy task) and then see if it re-occurs.  If not, you can start enabling scenery layers in groups or locations to see if it's another scenery package causing the problem.

Thanks guys, I'll give these ideas a try  tomorrow and let you know how it goes. It's not a crash of the aircraft (they are usually climbing out after takeoff), but rather a restart of P3D. Weird, eh?

Cheers

Warwick

Hello Warwick,

We think that what you are reporting is what the original developers decided

was the correct way to depict an aircraft crash.

The simulator stops and then resets itself to its default flight.

Most users see this as unrealistic, more like sliding down a snake in snakes and ladders

back to the first square and disable it.

Added to that, it does not work reliably and as development has progressed over the years,

it has not been possible to iron out all the problems and occasionally a random crash will occur.

The reason is that the simulator thinks that there is a "crash box" in the sky and that you have just hit it.

Therefore, by far the best solution is to simply switch crash detection off.

Ah ha! Thanks Nick, that does make sense. The aircraft that I crashed were all new to me so it's entirely possible I just stuffed up the take off. I'll turn off crash detection and see what happens. I'm looking forward to touring over NZ!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Archived