OMG...Orbx...this is a flight sim MASTERPIECE!

Orbx Flyer

For all the life of me....since 1983...I had NEVER THOUGHT, that I would see the visuals and animations, that Orbx Northern California would bring to a flight sim....ANY SIM....OMG!  I am blown away...

...and just at taxi right now, after final installation at Oakland, of which I fly into quite a bit...  I hope I don't have a stroke 20 seconds off of the Bay.....!!!!

Wow....wow....and wow....

Baron-58-2019-11-16-14-33-23.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-14-34-40.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-14-35-15.png

Orbx....John V. and Company----------------->....THANK YOU!   Holy ****!

One ***STUPENDOUSLY HAPPY CAMPER***

14 minutes ago, BradB said:

Thanks for these , I show default airport at OAK . I am running HD and ran verify files after install .

How is your file hierarchy in Scenery.ini?

Here are a few more (final) before I get my hand slapped!  I won't post anymore to this thread....

Around Stintson Beach....and it truly looks on my monitor, as Real Life...or..uh...er...True Earth! :)

.....at Oakland (KOAK) in the package...you have revolving commercial signs...flags waving in the breeze...

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-21-35.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-22-11.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-22-35.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-22-57.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-23-20.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-23-20-Copy.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-23-42.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-24-09.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-24-31.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-25-25.png

4 minutes ago, curtusua said:

Just made my first flight with the new scenery and it is simply awesome! VFR from KRDD to KSFO.

Great job Orbx... can’t wait for southern California but I’m going to need a larger drive!

Curt

I have my XP11 on a 8 TB drive...so as they say...bring South Cali on, if it's gonna be like this!   Ok...enough posting...with XP11 on pause...back to exploring, before my wife starts looking for the computer electrical chord...for that's gonna happen...lol!   Take care...

3 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

How is your file hierarchy in Scenery.ini?

Here is a few more (final) before I get my hand slapped!  I won't post anymore to this thread....

Around Stintson Beach....and it truly looks on my monitor, as Real Life...or..uh...er...True Earth! :)

.....at Oakland (KOAK) in the package...you have revolving commercial signs...flags waving in the breeze...

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-21-35.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-22-11.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-22-35.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-22-57.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-23-20.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-23-20-Copy.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-23-42.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-24-09.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-24-31.png

Baron-58-2019-11-16-15-25-25.png

I just ran my xOrganizer program and everything is fine now , thanks for posting the extra shots .

John

Ha, ha, ha....too funny, now that's excitement!

Its a nice ortho package for sure. I also have added my own Nevada at high ZL around Tahoe, Reno, Carson City and the rest of the state by Forkboy2...so this gives one seamless flying. The only issue it trying to colour match but that's not a big deal in my view.

I was also just in the area flying and we didn't run into each other, :lol:.

I think also that the ability to fly ortho in XP is the biggest pro side of this sim. I almost fly only ortho.

Bryan

6 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Ha, ha, ha....too funny, now that's excitement!

Its a nice ortho package for sure. I also have added my own Nevada at high ZL around Tahoe, Reno, Carson City and the rest of the state by Forkboy2...so this gives one seamless flying. The only issue it trying to colour match but that's not a big deal in my view.

I was also just in the area flying and we didn't run into each other, :lol:.

I think also that the ability to fly ortho in XP is the biggest pro side of this sim. I almost fly only ortho.

Bryan

Myself included. I have pretty much Western Europe fully competed at z17/z19-4 I had from Washington down to Central and the North end of South America.  For Eastern Europe, I have SFD-Global now...as well as for the rest of South America.  I didn't want to involve the time and hard drive resources for places that I fly on a Blue Moon. :)

SFD Global 1.1 is out now..as well as HD textures for same.  So..will continue to replace my Ortho4XP with Orbx T.E. as it become available, and where I would want to fly at least every two weeks or so.

So you were flying over Stintson Beach?   When on business, I for exercise, sometimes hike the Canyon, come over the rise, walk down to the beach, and swim between Great White sightings.  Oh..btw, never, never eat dried fruit trail mix,  while hiking the Canyon....no places on that trail that somebody else ISN'T....if you get my drift(wood)...lol.   Learned that lesson...and ONLY needed to learn it ONCE!

Cheers...oh...and simply having a blast, flying over every place I recreate at...especially Sonoma County!  Point Reyes looks great...try there, next...and check out the Orbx Sea lions...just kidding!  Maybe they can add that animation of them basking on the rocks...or at Pier 39, laying out on the dock.  BTW...I was once there,  as a Great White lunged at one of the Lions whose tail was hanging over the boat docks....the whole restaurant went into pandemonium!  Just goes to show...ANYWHERE within the Bay...the big boys and girls swim....

16 hours ago, BradB said:

Thanks for these , I show default airport at OAK . I am running HD and ran verify files after install .

BTW, Brad...may I suggest that you defrag the files of the North Cali install.  I have a program that defrags before W10 starts initializing...and it took 25 minutes to defrag!  So many thousands of files...and I have noticed a marked performance improvement after having defraged the entire lot.  A suggestion. :)

24 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

And you dare to go there for a swim? It would scare the living s...out of me :D

Well...yes..there has been about a half dozen Great White incidents on that crescent shaped beach.  The last one was about four years ago...one munched on a surfer...but...that is one of the beaches of my youth...and, it has the unique shape that pretty much controls rip tides and currents.  So...when there in July and August...and dripping like a dehumidifier...I go out about 30 feet from shore...dabble...enjoy...and body surf back in.   If you're gonna be taken out of this world....at least a Great White will do it cleanly by the Guillotine Method,...and, of course, you are helping out Mother Nature, by being; 'Green'....LOLOLOL.   Cheers!   P.S. You also save thousands on the cost of 'the box'....for you won't need one.....~!...,well if so...a little eeny, teenie one....

Brad----> Stintson Beach...the real deal...compare to the above shots from the air...

Archived