Steam or Orbx Direct

TopHeavy

Hello to everyone and thank you all in advanced 

If I may address my question to  Nick Cooper Orbx Team please ?

I have Aerofly 2 From steam on my pc ,do I have to purchase Any add on  Scenery from steam or can i purchase direct from Orbx I am looking At LOWI Innsbruck Airport

If I can purchase from Orbx Direct via  FTX Central will everything be installed as with Steam ie Purchase, the programme downloads then installs meaning I don’t need to do a thing thus  insuring my pc remains great and I do nothing to mess it up 

I then fly ?

One reason I ask is awhile ago because I had purchased EGHI Southampton on prepar3d 32bit when I purchased it for Xplane 11 i did received a very welcome discount for purchasing again .  on a different simulator. Xplane11

I own orbx meigs field KCGX on Xplane 11 , you never know they may discount again 

Thank you again 

Hello,

any Orbx developed addon that you purchase from Steam will only be installed and supported by Steam.

A purchase from Steam will not entitle you to a discount on any purchase from Orbx Direct.

If you choose to buy an Orbx addon from Orbx Direct, you should be able to install it with either FTX Central or Orbx Central.

If you already have an Orbx Direct purchase of an airport that has a discount for a second version, then you will of course be

eligible for that discount.

Thank you and yes I do like to go straight to the developer to give them direct support . I spoke to a rep of Orbx  at RAF Cosforth pc flight sim show 
I told them people like me , retired have the cash but not the knowledge to install addons like things simple , they said Great Britain True earth, login to our site pay click leave everything to us and your pc, I did and I purchased all of GB true earth  plus Manchester / Cardiff/Southampton /Elstree 

and very happy with everything all installed flawless, I left my pc on ,switched my monitors off and went to bed. Once again thank you .

Hi just an update on Orbx Scenery for Aerofly2 from Steam. I download a free areofly2 Demo from The Orbx web site LSGK Saanen  via Orbx Central it installed as always seamless as alway . Also I noticed Innsbruck from Orbx is a lot cheaper than Steam . So now all my Aerofly2  scenery will be direct from Orbx

thank you all again 

Archived