BUG REPORT: TE GB North is missing the \objects\cars sub-folder

Following an unrelated X-Plane crash, I searched the log file for any clues. Although there were none, I did spot some error messages related to some orbx car objects.

I checked the Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay folder and, under the roads\objects sub-folders I found no trace of 'Cars'. Further searching revealed that both TE GB South and Central did indeed contain the Cars sub-folder.

I then performed a 'verify files' operation from Orbx Central. This resulted in approx 30MB download, but I could not see any changes to the TE GB North folders. So my assumption is that the Cars folder has been omitted / forgotten from TE GB North.

In case it turns out to be an Orbx Central issue, I have also attached the central.log file, although nothing appears amiss to my untrained eye.

Just one other minor observation; the XP log also contains an error message regarding a missing Wressle Castle. This looks like the result of a redundant object in the Landmarks folder - hence a nuisance message only - but I'll leave it to the devs to decide.

John

Log.txt central.log

Hi

I have the exact same story. I have copied the cars folder from the 'south' folder to the same position in the 'north' folder. No more error messages. I do not know if the content of the folders are meant to be the same, but now I get no errors. Waiting for ORBX to decide...

Regards

Alex

4 hours ago, Vostflyer said:

Following an unrelated X-Plane crash, I searched the log file for any clues. Although there were none, I did spot some error messages related to some orbx car objects.

I checked the Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay folder and, under the roads\objects sub-folders I found no trace of 'Cars'. Further searching revealed that both TE GB South and Central did indeed contain the Cars sub-folder.

I then performed a 'verify files' operation from Orbx Central. This resulted in approx 30MB download, but I could not see any changes to the TE GB North folders. So my assumption is that the Cars folder has been omitted / forgotten from TE GB North.

In case it turns out to be an Orbx Central issue, I have also attached the central.log file, although nothing appears amiss to my untrained eye.

Just one other minor observation; the XP log also contains an error message regarding a missing Wressle Castle. This looks like the result of a redundant object in the Landmarks folder - hence a nuisance message only - but I'll leave it to the devs to decide.

John

Log.txt 115.47 kB · 1 download central.log 69.46 kB · 0 downloads

Are you getting an error message in the right hand side of your screen or are you just referring to the error reports you are seeing by opening your Log file?

By the way, if you want to attach your scenery_packs.ini for review i will assist in that if you wish as the Log shows the sequencing is all over the place and may cause anomalies

Hi Jon,

I don't get any in-flight errors - only spotted the messages when reviewing the log file. All my scenery runs fine. I use X Organiser to arrange everything and selectively enable / disable scenery according to where I am flying, which may explain the strange sequencing you are seeing. I have attached the latest (from my last flight) scenery_packs.ini for information but, as stated, I have not noticed any scenery related issues while flying. Of course that could be down to my aging eyes^_^.

As confirmed by oy-axe above, it looks like the Cars sub-folder was simply missed off the TEGB North product installation.

Regards,

John

scenery_packs.ini

3 minutes ago, Vostflyer said:

Hi Jon,

I don't get any in-flight errors - only spotted the messages when reviewing the log file. All my scenery runs fine. I use X Organiser to arrange everything and selectively enable / disable scenery according to where I am flying, which may explain the strange sequencing you are seeing. I have attached the latest (from my last flight) scenery_packs.ini for information but, as stated, I have not noticed any scenery related issues while flying. Of course that could be down to my aging eyes^_^.

As confirmed by oy-axe above, it looks like the Cars sub-folder was simply missed off the TEGB North product installation.

Regards,

John

scenery_packs.ini 18.83 kB · 0 downloads

I have checked with the developer and he agrees  that the copy/paste of a Cars folder from either TEGB South or Central into the appropriate North folder should work. I also suggest that maybe reading your Log file can cause unnecessary concern regarding messages like "could not load", could not find" etc. The relevant messages are those that appear in the top right of your screen which give notice of a problem and the notice for you to check the Log.

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini and as this is an Orbx Support forum, have ensured in the scenery pack that your Orbx addons are layered in an optimised position. 

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks Jon.

Really, the point of my original post wasn't to sort out a problem I was encountering but rather to point out the missing folder (hence the 'Bug Report' leader to the thread title). While I can easily copy the Cars folder from, say, TEGB South, someone who only purchased TEGB North would not have that luxury.

Perhaps I should not have posted in the Support forum; is there somewhere more appropriate for any future (genuine) bugs I may wish to report?

Regards,

John

1 hour ago, Vostflyer said:

Thanks Jon.

Really, the point of my original post wasn't to sort out a problem I was encountering but rather to point out the missing folder (hence the 'Bug Report' leader to the thread title). While I can easily copy the Cars folder from, say, TEGB South, someone who only purchased TEGB North would not have that luxury.

Perhaps I should not have posted in the Support forum; is there somewhere more appropriate for any future (genuine) bugs I may wish to report?

Regards,

John

There is only one XP Support forum and you did find a BUG so this is the correct forum. I don't believe that someone with just TEGB North is not going to see any road traffic etc but will no doubt see an error report if they open their XP Log.

There is another XP forum here which is not for support but in your case you posted in the correct forum::

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/277-x-plane-11-discussion-no-support-requests-please/

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT: TE GB North is missing the \objects\cars sub-folder
  • Nick Cooper pinned this topic
  • Nick Cooper unpinned this topic

Archived