Lack of FTX Global night lights.

Chok

Hello Orbx.

i started noticing some time ago that i felt that my sim lacked a lot of the old Orbx Global lights and i started digging in some old screenshots to find some comparison and came to the conclusion that the sim today have a lot fewer autogen night lights than it used to have.

I therefore ask is this a bug or is it intentional?

At the moment my sim shows some of the vector lights (e.g. highways, main roads etc) but not a lot of the "common/generic" or whatever you should call it lights, that the average city used to have. The screenshots i have back from a few years ago is taken in P3D V3 and those shows a lot more night lighting than the new ones from P3D V4.

Some i found post indicated that it was an issue of too low autogen settings, so for this test i increased all my autogen to max setting which did not change anything.

If i hover over a large city for example London (see the bottom screenshot) there are lights from all the highways, but almost all the "generic/common" ones is missing. There are some spots there and there but nothing compared to what it used to look like.

My current setup is P3D V4.5 HF2 - Orbx Global, Vector, and openLC europe, Orbx Central V4 with updated libs - i did a verification of all files through orbx central before posting this.

The 3 first screenshots below is old screenshots from P3D V3 - below those is screenshots from P3D V4, for comparison 2 of the screenshots are from similar locations. (EGPH and ENBR)

P3D V3

EGPH RW24

e79ab12cc3d5bbe270a4382800a9f114.jpg

ENBR RW17

e8561e6c035317a245f58a41b57ab780.jpg

Generic P3D V3

bd1cafce1ebc878f53e7f5726b896642.png

P3D V4

EGPH RW24

8644a15a4041838bfc6d01a6f866b8f1.png

ENBR RW17 

1abee75b1a94dbb060d8e6bc7e012d13.jpg

London

64bc729e1e05e23611201e14404d8216.jpg

2 minutes ago, WarEagleX said:

Agreed. I'm only seeing highway lights now. No street lights so it looks relatively strange.  This happened after the update to 4.0

As in P3D 4.0 or FTX central 4.0 ?

I seem to recall it happening after P3D 4.0 as well, if that is what you mean :)

1 minute ago, WarEagleX said:

Central 4.0.  I'm running P3D with all latest hotfixes. 

Alright, from my side i can say that i had these issues with central V3 as well.

I updated to Central V4 in trying to resolve this issue which did not help.

Hi

I believe there could be many reasons why this is happening, such as an addon that is excluding them, a shader addon, ....sorry I do not have any specific solution other than to do some searching on the forum as I have done and linked a couple of example topics. Maybe there is no solution yet.

3 hours ago, kcarl96 said:

Resolved the problem on my end by uninstalling everything ORBX. and reinstalling them. Something probably got corrupted but I'm installing them back on by one to see if it comes back

Were you able to uninstall and reinstall FTX Global through central V4?

Archived