Xplane will not load missing scenery library

I just feel I am at my wits end with trying to get this scenery to work.  I keep getting error messages ie scenery will not look correct, or scenery will not be loaded due to missing library files or something like that.  I am talking about the True Earth Great Britain North.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am going to attach the log text and also the scenery.ini file.  It is interesting after looking I couldn't see the orbx files in the ini file.

thanks in advance.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Looking at your scenery_packs.ini you have 2 lots of X-Plane Landmarks. Remove from your Custom Scenery folder the one's you have prefixed with an "a" as seen below

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a-X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a-X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a-X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a-X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a-X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/

I don't know what is in the folder called VOZ, please advise.

I have rearranged your scenerypack so keep a spare copy of it, delete the existing one in Custom Scenery and place his new one in there.

Open Orbx central and run the Verify Files option for TEGB North. Your Log is saying there are missing files from the TEGB North. There should be 2 Overlay folders with the following info from the Properties:

1st smaller folder:

3.45 MB on Disk

3 files, 2 folders

2nd and larger overlay folder:

659MB on Disk

2349 files

75 folders.

scenery_packs.ini

I installed your Ok, I verified the files, central says basically all should be good, but when I start Xplane I continue to get these error messages.  I decided to write down the actual lines and text and then copy and pasted them here.

Here are the two error messages exactly how they display on xplane

There was a problem loading the scenery package:
Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
the scenery may not look correct.
Please see the log text file for detailed information

Here is the second one how it reads

The following scenery package has a problem and will therefore not be loaded:
Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
It requires and additional library scenery package that is not installed or it is missing some of its files......

I think somehow when installing this software I got the blue screen and my computer froze four times and had to be restarted, that the files got messed up/ie missing files.  I also migrated files yesterday in hopes that it would help.  Since I fixed my CPU overheating issue yesterday, I feel I should try a complete re-install.  How do I go about completely deleting all files and starting over?  I have gig speed download so it shouldn't take that long.  I read that deleting with Central will not delete the software.  Is that correct?  Please advise on how to go about deleting and reinstalling everything, or perhaps just what steps I should take next.

ok there is a tile in the D folder that for whatever reason still remains a JPG file and is not being converted to a dds file.  I tried deleting it and then verified again, and it just places the file back into D as a JPG file.  I am baffled about what to do.  How do I go about converting to a dds file?

ok there is a tile in the D folder that for whatever reason still remains a JPG file and is not being converted to a dds file.  I tried deleting it and then verified again, and it just places the file back into D as a JPG file.  I am baffled about what to do.  How do I go about converting to a dds file?

Ok everything was deleted and reinstalled.  Still the same error messages.   Still the one file that for whatever reason will not convert from a jph to a dds file.  Is it time to ask for a refund?  I have tried for almost two days to get this program to work.  I also tried to convert the one JPG file to a dds file, but I can't even open it in photoshop.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Is it because I have windows 10? 

30 minutes ago, dougharless said:

Ok everything was deleted and reinstalled.  Still the same error messages.   Still the one file that for whatever reason will not convert from a jph to a dds file.  Is it time to ask for a refund?  I have tried for almost two days to get this program to work.  I also tried to convert the one JPG file to a dds file, but I can't even open it in photoshop.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Is it because I have windows 10? 

Open your Orthos folder and find the jpg file. COPY it and put it into a new folder on your desktop.

Take the attached Convert.cmd and place it in the same folder as your jpg in the new folder.and click on it. You should get a dos cmd  and a "Press any key to continue" notice. Press any key. It should convert the jpg to a dds. If it does that successfully, place the new converted file into the Orthos folder and safely remove the jpg you left in there. Don't delete it....yet.Run XP and see what happens.

Convert.cmd

it doesn't work. Just closes.  I can't even open this jpg in any program.  It's just interesting, that one file will not convert.  I completely deleted everything again, including the central app, started over.  Manually installed, and still one file in D is a jpg file.  I am completely baffled why this happens.  I have over 300gb's of room on my drive, so that is not the issue.

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Here it is in a zip folder. Unzip and put into your TEGB North Orthos folder. Cross your  fingers!

9a60xf620x17.zip 341.32 kB · 1 download

Thanks again for all your help.  I copied and pasted the file.  Started xplane 11, but it still had the same results as above.  At least all of the files are dds and not jpg's anymore in the D library.  However, it still will not load, says I am missing files.  Could you please tell me why there is a orbx.ini back up custom scenery file?

3 hours ago, dougharless said:

Thanks again for all your help.  I copied and pasted the file.  Started xplane 11, but it still had the same results as above.  At least all of the files are dds and not jpg's anymore in the D library.  However, it still will not load, says I am missing files.  Could you please tell me why there is a orbx.ini back up custom scenery file?

I am unsure about the backup but leave it there. There must be a valid reason. I will ask Nick to move this topic to Orbx Central for them to try and work out what is happening.

@Nick Cooper Please move this to Orbx Central forum. Thanks

Archived