Jonathan Griffiths

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  XPlane11

Screenshot:  1 -4

Issue:  Error when trying to install two new Orbx products from Orbx Central 4.0.23

Orbx Central v 4.0.23 image 1.JPG

Orbx Central v 4.0.23 image 2.JPG

Orbx Central v 4.0.23 interface.JPG

Orbx central v4.0.23 error.JPG

central.log

Hi!

We've fixed up a few of the error messages in the next update so that'll let us get a better idea of the issue.

This may be an issue when Central tries to fetch the download details from our endpoint at https://storage.googleapis.com. Do you have any firewalls or net blockers that may be disrupting this connection?

8 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

We've fixed up a few of the error messages in the next update so that'll let us get a better idea of the issue.

This may be an issue when Central tries to fetch the download details from our endpoint at https://storage.googleapis.com. Do you have any firewalls or net blockers that may be disrupting this connection?

Hi Mitchell.
I have dropped the firewall security.  I will try again and report here.

Hello Jonathan,

you need to decide which of the two accounts you have now created that you wish to use.

The forum rules, which I am sure you cannot have read, are quite clear:

General Forums Rules:

1.    Users may only create a single account, users with multiple accounts will be requested to pick one account for future use and other accounts will be closed. 

Hi Nick
The account I choose to use is my:

I believe I purchased two orbx products last week and used the very same account.  I do not have access to the jonathan@lighthousemaker.com account.

Do I need to anymore than what I have requested above?

Regards

Jonathan Griffiths

On 11/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jonathan,

you need to decide which of the two accounts you have now created that you wish to use.

The forum rules, which I am sure you cannot have read, are quite clear:

53 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please don't post e mail addresses.

I have removed your second account which in fact has a gmail address.

I have had no problems downloading and installing your products until the new Orbx Central 4.0.23  I as far as I am aware used this account for at least a year and any other account has not been used.
I am still getting the same problem logging into my current login details. I can see my new products but not able to install them....If I can login to view my installed product which are many why cant I install them?
I am starting to lose a bit of patience now and please either sort this out or refund my account for the two purchased last week.

Thank you in anticipation

Jonathan Griffiths

Hello Jonathan,

please do not confuse forum accounts with Orbx Direct accounts.

All I have done is to remove the new Orbx forum account that you

created to answer at post number 4.

This cannot have had any effect upon Orbx Direct

To the matter at hand, did disabling any firewalls or net blockers make any difference?

51 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jonathan,

please do not confuse forum accounts with Orbx Direct accounts.

All I have done is to remove the new Orbx forum account that you

created to answer at post number 4.

This cannot have had any effect upon Orbx Direct

To the matter at hand, did disabling any firewalls or net blockers make any difference?

No not at all Nick.
I note that when I made the transaction on the 27th Oct I received two identical receipts...not sure that has any relevance?  I have checked my account and thankfully dont appear to have paid twice.
As mentioned earlier, I logged into my account to purchase the two products ( Terra flora & EGPH for xplane)  The transaction went through OK and can see the two purchases in the new Orbx Central but cannot install them.  I wrote a ticket but was passed over as a technical issue to the forum. 
The old Orbx central worked for me and to my mind seems to be an issue with adding new products to the new 4.0.23 version?

Jonathan

32 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, can you tell me what happens when you do try to install them and also provide

a copy of your central.log file after you have tried to install please?

Hi Nick

I have Orbx central version 4.0.23 installed and when I open it (My Products) I can see all my orbx products there for P3D & Xplane, this includes the new Terraflora and Edingburgh EGPH software(Xplane)  When I click on them a window appears with details of the product and I click on the install button and another window appears with a prompt 'Where would you like to install this product'  I get three options:  Simulator, Main Library, My Library. I have clicked on each of them and get an error message. 

Orbx central v4.0.23 error.JPG

central.log

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

that does look like a copy of the Orbx Central log.

If you have reverted to FTX Central and still have a problem,

can you post a copy of the FTX Central log please?

I am guessing that in fact you have not reverted to FTX Central.

I didnt have FTX central 3 on my PC so I downloaded it. I tried to install from it the two new products but they were not there. there was a Global terraflora which said 'not installed' I clicked on it and it say's 'there are no downloads available for this product. the same for EGPH.
I cannot find a FTX Central log file.

I have found various files in:

users/jonathan/Appdata/local/orbx/ftxcentral/v3.3.92

I also tried to see if the new 4.0.23 version worked and it asked for FTX central to be removed to avoid conflicts I did not do this and still had the problem. 

Just now, J C Griffiths said:

I didnt have FTX central 3 on my PC so I downloaded it. I tried to install from it the two new products but they were not there. there was a Global terraflora which said 'not installed' I clicked on it and it say's 'there are no downloads available for this product. the same for EGPH.
I cannot find a FTX Central log file.

I have found various files in:

users/jonathan/Appdata/local/orbx/ftxcentral/v3.3.92

I also tried to see if the new 4.0.23 version worked and it asked for FTX central to be removed to avoid conflicts I did not do this and still had the problem. 

Also removed FTX Central as prompted and still no success!

Hello,

you will not be able to use it to install a new product but as your original question

was concerned with you not being able to install TEGB Central, perhaps you could try that?

Can you also make sure that all the prerequisites are installed please?

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 and onwards are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

19 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you will not be able to use it to install a new product but as your original question

was concerned with you not being able to install TEGB Central, perhaps you could try that?

Can you also make sure that all the prerequisites are installed please?

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 and onwards are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

TEGB Central?

I am running Windows 10.

1 hour ago, Richard Lincoln said:

I have taken care of it Sir

Hi Richard.
I have had a refund message to the value of $39.95 but there were two pieces of software EGPH & Terraflora. There is also an outstanding sum of $24.95 to be refunded from the receipt I sent via ticket.
Regards

Jonathan

Archived