EGPH Missing Objects and Several Issue

WillChen

First of all, the X-Plane just keep showing an error about the scenery package saying that it may not look correct, even the scenery is verified by the Central app or re-installed. I checked the log file and the issue seems to be related to EGPH_17.obj. The file and its texture are all at the folder where they should be, thus I don't know how to fix it.

1061471535_ScreenShot2019-10-27at18_34_40.thumb.png.cd50dfd40116977aff167ce097d1fc68.png

Second one is that the connecting bridge appears to be incorrect. A texture covers the ground instead of the bridge.

753801352_ScreenShot2019-10-27at13_47_13.thumb.jpg.bccc2f7ec8e73b80b3ddfb9dab599153.jpg

Third issue is the edge between concrete pavement and the grass has a disconnection. I thought I could fix it by myself in WED yet I failed since it is not a .lin file but an .obj file.

1871813733_ScreenShot2019-10-27at14_02_20.thumb.jpg.3899bbf3a6bae6ca1c783d879c0dd159.jpg

Finally the last issue is that the buildings are all floating above surface if "Runways follow Terrain" is checked. Maybe ORBX should include this in the document in advance.183766936_ScreenShot2019-10-27at17_36_25.thumb.jpg.1598af5d363279c8eae9e2c28ba91315.jpg

The product is great, but customers deserve better quality as it cost much. 

Thank you for your kind and considered comment.

If this type of error was reported in testing, the product would not have been released until it was fixed.

Here is the log from a load of an aircraft at this new airport product.

1.jpg

We can only test what we are given and if you feel that there is a way to detect an error that does not manifest

itself, please feel free to make suggestions, which we will be only too pleased to accept and act upon.

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thank you for your kind and considered comment.

If this type of error was reported in testing, the product would not have been released until it was fixed.

Here is the log from a load of an aircraft at this new airport product.

We can only test what we are given and if you feel that there is a way to detect an error that does not manifest

itself, please feel free to make suggestions, which we will be only too pleased to accept and act upon.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the team would never release a product with existing known bug found during beta test.

Yet, as you can read in my log, the bug does exist. I confirm that the problem may only be found in Mac. I tried installing the scenery in X-Plane 11 on Win10 and it runs without alert.

Looks like EPPH_17.obj can't locate AO_A.dds in main objects folder (for some reason link does not work on Mac). Why not paste a copy of AO_A.dds in Misc folder and change TEXTURE_DRAPED link? Please update so that file is not overridden by Central. Otherwise, scenery is really good. Thanks.

I am also getting the same missing objects issue. In my case I have elected to install the product to a library and have a shortcut to it from the XP 11 Custom Scenery folder.

I have found that if I copy the product directly into the XP 11 Custom Scenery folder then it loads cleanly, albeit with a few warnings about objects with 'bad light names'.

I am running on Windows 10.

Hi!

We're currently investigating this issue internally.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, MM100 said:

Looks like EPPH_17.obj can't locate AO_A.dds in main objects folder (for some reason link does not work on Mac). Why not paste a copy of AO_A.dds in Misc folder and change TEXTURE_DRAPED link? Please update so that file is not overridden by Central. Otherwise, scenery is really good. Thanks.

This file does appear to be included. Does the AO_A.dds file exist on your computer in the Objects folder? Is the product installed into a library or directly into the simulator?

Hi.  AO_A.dds is included in Objects folder.  Problem is EPPH_17.obj in Misc subfolder which refers to AO_A.dds in main objects folder.  The location reference (TEXTURE_DRAPED) does not work when scenery is installed via symbolic link.  I was able to fix the error message by adding AO_A.dds file to Misc subfolder and updating reference in EPPH_17.obj.

Archived