Brisbane Ground Textures

Hi,

I've recently started flying in Australia after splurging in a long-past sale. I've noticed the textures at Brisbane appear to be incredibly low resolution. I just want to check, do they look like this because it's a very old product that you're no longer working on or is it something I can fix? The runway is the worst but the taxiways aren't great either.

Thanks,

Filbert

441426341_Brisbanetextures.thumb.png.ffbcc428d1c5d4e7d6e6b0daede19bf8.png

I'm finding 

For me, for some reason P3Dv4 displays some ground textures for YBBN as low LOD, where as in FSX they were fine. But! In P3Dv4 all taxiway lighting shows whereas in FSX some were missing.

Personally, I don't think it is something you can fix, although if it bugs you, Nick suggests that you display the default runway via the configuration section of the scenery via Orbx Central.

Thanks for the pointer, Nick. I did do a search for "brisbane textures" before asking my question, but will also try ICAO codes in future!

I've now followed the various bits of advice in that thread. I have Aus V2 installed, and have the compatibility option for that checked in the YBBN settings. As a result, CVX_YBBN_Terrain.BGL was already appended with ".off". So I tried using the photoreal terrain option, which sorted the runway out but made the taxiways considerably worse - no yellow lines, incredibly blurry textures.

Is there anything else I can try?

Regards,

Filbert

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

The airport is how it is.

Virtually all of the possible tuning is included in the linked topic.

You will need the best anti-aliasing and filtering settings in your

simulator to make it look as good as it can as well as a detail1.bmp

file to suit your taste.

I think, looking more closely at the issue, mine issue is slightly different to the OPs. For me only part of the runway was blurry and looked like something was laying a texture over the runway texture, rather than replacing it. So, after a few hours messing around I figured out it was something to do with the elevation.

I have now managed to fix it by turning off the AU2 terrain file in the YBBN scenery folder but leaving the ADE_FTX_AUS_YBBN_CVX on in the main AU2 scenery folder.

Archived