Beaches at Tofino/Ucluelet Missing

fltsimguy

TE WA reaches all the way to the West Coast of Vancouver Island, specifically just north of Ucluelet and is just outside of capturing the Tofino Airport CYAZ.

Given the lack of interest in British Columbia for ortho I have set about a project to capture all of BC in ortho with overlays.

Attached are some screenies of that area, specifically the transition between my ortho and Orbx ortho at the 49th parallel.

As you can see my ortho has some pretty good water masking and captures the beaches for which the west coast if famous for, but Orbx TE WA does not.

Can someone confirm that my read on this is correct that Orbx TE WA doesn not capture all the beaches in the proximity of Ucluelet north and Barkley Sound?

And if correct can I put forward a possible future update suggestion to fix the missing beaches?

Attached shows my ortho on approach to CYAZ and "Long Beach" in Pacific Rim National Park, this is north of the 49th parallel and outside of Orbx TE area.

The others show the exact line between my ortho and Orbx ortho at the 49th parallel and the demarcation between my beaches and none in Orbx ortho. The left wingtip is almost on the 49th parallel between my ortho and Orbx ortho.

Bryan

-2019-oct-18-026_Wondershare.jpg

-2019-oct-18-020.jpg

-2019-oct-18-025.jpg

We had to purchase satelite imagery for this small section of Vancouver island at an astronomical price (This is also a reason why we haven't touched BC yet), and it was also fairly low resolution and unlike some of the providers such as as Bing/Google, it cuts out very close to the coastline leaving a lack of beaches, so there was nothing for us to include here sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:16 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

We had to purchase satelite imagery for this small section of Vancouver island at an astronomical price (This is also a reason why we haven't touched BC yet), and it was also fairly low resolution and unlike some of the providers such as as Bing/Google, it cuts out very close to the coastline leaving a lack of beaches, so there was nothing for us to include here sadly.

Hummm, my gov't is charging an arm and leg for their (my) orthos, darn, left wing gov't yet.:lol:

Archived