L70 terrain issues / product exchange request

Hi,

I'm running L70, FTX SCA and Vector.
Despite many attempts to resolve the terrain issues (ensuring Vector AEC is diasbled for this airfield, turning off 3rd party mesh, reducing terrain mesh resolution, manually turning the files ADE_FTX_SCA_L70.bgl and ADE_FTX_SCA_L70_CVX.bgl in the FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY folder to .OFF, my scenery.cfg entries are in the correct order), I cannot get this airfield's terrain to behave for me.

hAmYs0d.jpg

ZJqAtPR.jpg

Could I exchange this for another airfield product, please?
My L70 purchase ID for this is 5ce4339a4256b. I'd like to request EGSG Stapleford as a replacement which is currently available for slightly under the original purchase amount.

Many thanks.

Hello,

exchanges can be requested using a Support Ticket, however, I cannot replicate the problem shown in your screen shot

and you should probably try to fix the problem instead.

It looks to me as if it works with all the files you have removed still in place and with Vector AEC enabled.

My copy is at 2609.5 feet

4.jpg

I would have thought that the most likely cause would be either that

scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_SCA_L70_elevation_adjustment.BGL is missing,

your simulator is missing its Default Terrain scenery library entry or that there is another

elevation adjustment file at work.

Are you using anyone's addon mesh, or just the region?

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

exchanges can be requested using a Support Ticket, however, I cannot replicate the problem shown in your screen shot

and you should probably try to fix the problem instead.

It looks to me as if it works with all the files you have removed still in place and with Vector AEC enabled.

My copy is at 2609.5 feet

I would have thought that the most likely cause would be either that

scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_SCA_L70_elevation_adjustment.BGL is missing,

your simulator is missing its Default Terrain scenery library entry or that there is another

elevation adjustment file at work.

Are you using anyone's addon mesh, or just the region?

Hi Nick,

As written in my opening post, I have attempted all of your suggestions.
I have reverted to original install state and settings plus removed any 3rd party products that could have an impact. No joy.
This is not meant as a criticism of the product as it clearly works. However, this is the only Orbx product that has never worked for me.

I thought this was a Support Ticket, can you direct me to where my exchange request should go please?

Thanks.

Archived