How do you guys manage to make TE GB actually works ?

Hi guys,

I have a pretty good computer: M.2 SSD, 4.7Ghz 6700K, GTX 1080

I unchecked all configuration option, and drastically diminished p3d graphic options.

I've been trying with the base Moony (I usually fly using FLS A320 or the Majestic Dash 8).

-> 7fps.

Is there any hope or will this product be totally unusable on my computer ?
I've seen videos at 30 fps using simple airplanes, so I guess it's possible but I do not see how.

Thanks

Zangdaar your not alone!

As for me I don't get it to work the way I want.   Add other airports like EGLC or EGNX  and my rig cant handle it!   

My IT guy tells me I have a supper fast computer yet it dies with these sceneries! 

I probably wont buy another true earth product because they are too much a frame rate dropper!  

A supposed update to address some issues has yet to be released!

7 hours ago, Zangdaarr said:

Hi guys,

I have a pretty good computer: M.2 SSD, 4.7Ghz 6700K, GTX 1080

I unchecked all configuration option, and drastically diminished p3d graphic options.

I've been trying with the base Moony (I usually fly using FLS A320 or the Majestic Dash 8).

-> 7fps.

Is there any hope or will this product be totally unusable on my computer ?
I've seen videos at 30 fps using simple airplanes, so I guess it's possible but I do not see how.

Thanks

What fps do you get away from London, say EGNX?

I applied John Venema's settings for P3D and still have small stutters even with an helicopter at EGLC (slow traveling speed [110 knots]).

I think the followings are very important informations for ORBX developpers

Average number of files of ORBX sceneries is between 6000 and 10000 files (spread on a large area).

TrueEarth Netherlands has around 32200 files.

TrueEarth GreatBritain South has around 87000 files (on a very small area).

I have a good sytem but when it's time to render all those objects (not necessarily 87,000) at the same time, the CPU is struggling and we have processe's bottleneck.

I can't wait to have the 10 gHz CPU.

Don't get me wrong.

I really like ORBX sceneries.

It really gives almost real life views when flying.

I wouldn't fly without them especially in an helicopter…Wow.

True Earth Netherlands is running fine when you unchecked Shed model in the settings.

I'm not happy with the purchase of TESGB.

There's a fix for P3DV4 EGLC and London that I have found to be useful, it's not ideal but the important thing is it works.

Quote: 

If it is still too hard on your system, move all the FTX_GBS_3DM files out of your

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery folder.

You will lose very many buildings in London but you may get the better performance that you want."

You then lose the custom modelled buildings that were developed for TE GB Sth and which for most people have proved to be too hard on anything but the latest computers.

For a normal flight out of EGLC to the east south or north, or where the visibility settings limit what you can see in London anyway, it is an invisible solution.  If you do fly west directly over London City, and you look for certain buildings, you won't see them, but if you just have the London scenery in the background of your flight while you scan instruments and keep a lookout, you really won't notice much difference.

As far as I know the only alternative to this tweak is to either drop sliders to a point where the scenery becomes bare, or to purchase a 9900K and 2080ti system or equivqalent.

17 hours ago, POLYMERMAN said:

Wow thanks John! What a guy! Found a solution to use TE GBS without waiting for the fix.

I renamed to off and will give it a try.  Thanks again for caring and sharing!

Nick Cooper gets the guernsey not me :-)

Archived