LFLJ Courchevel default airports don't have 3D buildings anymore

heinzf

Hello,

very fine scenery of Courchevel for X-Plane 11.

But I have one problem.

If I have installed Courchevel with the OrbX Central v4.0.15 then some other surrounding X-Plane 11 default airports don't have 3D buildings anymore.

For example: LFKR.

If I deinstall Orbx Courchevel, then the 3D objects of LFKR are back again.

Is there a solution? 

Greets Heinz

• Nick Cooper changed the title to LFLJ Courchevel default airports don't have 3D buildings anymore
12 hours ago, heinzf said:

Hello,

very fine scenery of Courchevel for X-Plane 11.

But I have one problem.

If I have installed Courchevel with the OrbX Central v4.0.15 then some other surrounding X-Plane 11 default airports don't have 3D buildings anymore.

For example: LFKR.

If I deinstall Orbx Courchevel, then the 3D objects of LFKR are back again.

Is there a solution? 

Greets Heinz

Attach your scenery_packs.ini for review

Hello,

first @Nick. Thanks for moving my post to the correct place.

@Jon:

I have resynchronized my ini file with the "OrbX Central" function "Help" and then "Sync Simulator".

Then the attached ini file is generated.

In the mean time i have manually moved the 

"SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh/"

directly behind the "Global Airports" entry in the ini file.

Then it worked and all 3D object from the surrounding airports located in the area of the Courchevel Mesh are visible.

But when i resynchronize again , then the Courchevel mesh is again placed above the "global airports".

Also after the new installation of Courchevel, the mesh will be located above the "Global Airports".

And so the problem will be there again ... 

X-Plane 11 Meshes (and I think the Courchevel mesh too) will exclude all 3D-objects from global and addon airports in the mesh area,

if the airport is located behind the (Courchevel) Mesh entry in the ini file.

I think, best way is to locate Airport Meshes at the bottom of the scenery_packs.ini file, but above global meshes like Alpilots HD or UHD mesh.

Greets Heinz Flichtbeil

scenery_packs.ini

@heinzf I have reorganised you scenery_packs.ini a bit so that you get the full benefit of you Orbx addons. For example your TEGB addons should be directly below Global Airports and London Landmarks directly above the TEGB entries but still below Global Airports. This way you will see the London scenery and POIs with correct buildings etc.

I have also consolidated your library entries to below Global airports and sceneries. They can go anywhere in the .ini but it's best to keep them all together and out of the way in my opinion.

Regarding the Courchevel mesh. Unfortunately it does pose problems for those who have Ortho4xp but can you clarify which airports are near to LFLJ that get affected? If you place the mesh as you suggest near the bottom of the .ini then it presents problems at Courchevel itself, by raising buildings in the air etc.

I attach your scenery_packs.ini:

scenery_packs.ini

Hello Jon,

thank you for the new ini file.

Its a little bit different from mine.

And the X-Plane Landmarks London will be ok...

But with the Courchevel Mesh nearby the top of the ini file and above the global airports, for example an affected airport is LFKR (St-Remy).

This is a 3D airport and now it don't have 3D objects.

Another affected 3D Airport, now without 3D objects, is LFKX Meribel.

If I position the Courchevel Mesh direct behind the Global Airports, then all seems to be ok.

Floating objects with the Courchevel Airport I don' find with the mesh behind the Global Airports.

Also the wonderful modelled tunnel under the runway is ok.

May be I have overlooked them. From wich floating objects do you speak? Then I will test it.

The Ortho4XP problems are known and this is not an orbx problem I think.

But I don't use Ortho4XP, and so this will be not a problem for me...

Greets Heinz Flichtbeil

Hello Jon,

ok, thanks for the info.

So I will work with my workaround to move the Courchevel Mesh direct under the Global Airports in the scenery_packs.ini file.

If possible, keep me (us) informed if there is an automatically solution... :)

Greets Heinz Flichtbeil

I also have a problem with the correct use of the scenery of neighboring airports - other authors LFHU, LFKX.
The problem concerns the folder: Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh.
When I use it, other scenery (LFKX, LFHU) are incomplete and look bad. If I use the Ortho4XP overlay, then LFKX and LFHU are fine, but then the LFLJ ORBX scenery looks bad.
So I am looking forward to resolving this problem.

Archived