LFLJ problem loading the scenery package.

Taffyboy

When I start Xplane I get a message "there was a problem loading Custom Scenery/Orbx LFLJ Courchevel. Scenery may not look correct"

However it seems to load fine. I've verified downloaded files via Orbx Central but still the same. Also uninstalled and re-installed with same result.

Log text (Attached) shows missing files & textures. Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/

Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.

Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'

x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6: 0:00:14.789 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/

Any help would be much appreciated.

Log.txt

30 minutes ago, Taffyboy said:

When I start Xplane I get a message "there was a problem loading Custom Scenery/Orbx LFLJ Courchevel. Scenery may not look correct"

However it seems to load fine. I've verified downloaded files via Orbx Central but still the same. Also uninstalled and re-installed with same result.

Log text (Attached) shows missing files & textures. Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/

Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.

Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'

x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6: 0:00:14.789 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/

Any help would be much appreciated.

Log.txt 37.29 kB · 0 downloads

Open the LFLJ folder and you will see another folder called Terminals. Scroll to very near the bottom of that folder and see if you actually have the referenced missing ShadowMap_3png.

If you don't then let me know

Hi, I encountered the same problem with my installation of LFLJ (Xplane 11 v11.36 on Linux).

Apparently there is something wrong with the path entries in some of the files that should point to ShadowMap_1/2/3. To fix this, you may try this work around (did the trick for me):

1) Navigate to your Custom Scenery/Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/ installation directory and locate the Courchevel_A21.obj and Courchevel_A22.obj files in the folder Terminals/misc

2) Open these files with an editor and delete the "../Terminals/" before the TEXTURE_DRAPED entry such that it looks like this: TEXTURE_DRAPED  ShadowMap_2.png

3) Copy the ShadowMap_1.dds , ShadowMap_2.dds , ShadowMap_3.dds, and ShadowMap_3.png from Terminals/ to Terminals/misc so that they are now also included in the subdirectory

4) Repeat the process for the x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj and x_Tower_NEW_AO.obj in the directory Terminals/Main_bldg/ (i.e. deleting "../Terminals/" entries and copying ShadowMap-files)

This should fix the error.

I'm on macOS mojave 10.14.6.

I've followed CG87 instructions as above but still getting "problem loading scenery' message.

Not hugely problematic just annoying. Scenery is awesome and appears to be working perfectly well. 

Seems to missing some obj & png files.

I've looked at the log text and the following seems to be causing the issue.

Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A22.obj:9:
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A21.obj:11:
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:615)
0:00:21.716 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW.obj:8:
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6:
0:00:21.716 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/

@tghammer : Glad that I could help. You are right, one also needs to edit the second Tower file.

@Taffyboy : That is strange. I had exactly the same error log and the files mentioned are the ones that should be modified. I missed two files in my first post, but now the list should be complete. Maybe you want to check if you modified all of them.

@Jon Clark : the Verify Files option works for Linux as well (I would assume it is the same for Mac). I tried that as a first remedy when I got the error, but all files were fine according to Orbx Central. Only after doing the changes described above I managed to get rid of the problem.

Edit: it seems that older Posts cannot be edited any more, so here is the complete list of files I modified (see my previous post):

Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED   ShadowMap_3.png
Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW_AO.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED   ShadowMap_1.png
Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED      ShadowMap_3.png
Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A13_AO.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED     ShadowMap_1.png
Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A21.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED        ShadowMap_2.png
Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A22.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED        ShadowMap_2.png
Terminals/misc/LFLJ_Contblue.obj:TEXTURE_DRAPED ShadowMap_2.png

And after copying these shadow maps, my folders look like this:

Terminals/Main_bldg/ShadowMap_1.dds
Terminals/Main_bldg/ShadowMap_2.dds
Terminals/Main_bldg/ShadowMap_3.dds
Terminals/Main_bldg/ShadowMap_3.png
Terminals/misc/ShadowMap_1.dds
Terminals/misc/ShadowMap_2.dds
Terminals/misc/ShadowMap_3.dds
Terminals/misc/ShadowMap_3.png

4 minutes ago, CG87 said:

@tghammer : Glad that I could help. You are right, one also needs to edit the second Tower file.

@Taffyboy : That is strange. I had exactly the same error log and the files mentioned are the ones that should be modified. I missed two files in my first post, but now the list should be complete. Maybe you want to check if you modified all of them.

@Jon Clark : the Verify Files option works for Linux as well (I would assume it is the same for Mac). I tried that as first check when I got the error, but the all files were fine according to Orbx Central. Only after doing the changes described above I managed to get rid of the problem.

Glad it's now fixed and thanks for the info about Verify Files working OK with Linux.

Hi Guys have modified all as per the instructions above. 

Still the same. 

Going to knock it on the head for tonight, want to spend some time flying.

Thank you for your assistance very much appreciated.

I've verified files to reset back to original download and I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Archived