EGNM X Plane 11 not working

2e1ilh

1 hour ago, 2e1ilh said:

I have installed the = EGNM but xplane just sits at scenery loading? I loaded EGHI fine

Have you got all the required updates needed for a successful install of EGNM? Updated TEGB Central, OrbxLibs. Open OrbxCentral and see if there are any pending updates. If so install them, then uninstall your current EGNM and then reinstall it.

Jon, yes I have checked and done uninstall and reinstall, it just sits at Reading New Scenery Files. However if I uninstall EGNM the it reads all my scenery files and starts. I have just done this again and EGHI loaded fine.....not sure what’s causing it

Same exact issue Jon, I was just going to post what he posted.  I too will post the files.

When I set up a flight and type in EGNM all I get is a helipad.  And then XP sits forever, I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of it.

No wonder I had a CTD when flying from EGNX TO EGNM, I was about 19 miles away when XP froze solid and then CTD'd.

@Jack Sawyer @2e1ilh

I am struggling to think of a cause for both of your problems. So I will need your responses to these questions:

Will you both confirm that you have the updated TEGB Central installed.

Have you both Verified Files yet?

What size is your EGNM folder. It should be 1.91GB and if you open the folder should look like the pic I have attached.

When you choose EGNM in Flight Configurator I want you to then click on Custom as exampled in the pic. This should open up options of your starting point. Choose a runway or parking slot/gate. It maybe something affecting the Heliport that is causing a problem.

3.JPG.ee40672329b41526fcba894c29431416.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.326a940a9cd3cfa6ef3579904b72f7dc.JPG

5.thumb.JPG.e0f7feaa5c051175c6088f5da2c99c19.JPG

11 hours ago, 2e1ilh said:

Jon, yes I have checked and done uninstall and reinstall, it just sits at Reading New Scenery Files. However if I uninstall EGNM the it reads all my scenery files and starts. I have just done this again and EGHI loaded fine.....not sure what’s causing it

Hi Jon, I have everything Orbx makes for XP.  So yes, I have all of the UK.

Yes sir, I did Verify Files and it was ok.

And my folder is exactly 1.91 in size.

But I just went and looked, I have all those files listed in your screenshot.

I’m missing only one, it’s the last one, version_egmn....

I just loaded a copter in the sim, went to EGNM and Customize.  It’s as you describe so I can go to a different parking spot and as I type this I’m there now and it looks fantastic!

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jon, I have everything Orbx makes for XP.  So yes, I have all of the UK.

Yes sir, I did Verify Files and it was ok.

And my folder is exactly 1.91 in size.

But I just went and looked, I have all those files listed in your screenshot.

I’m missing only one, it’s the last one, version_egmn....

I just loaded a copter in the sim, went to EGNM and Customize.  It’s as you describe so I can go to a different parking spot and as I type this I’m there now and it looks fantastic!

Good news in as much as you can now fly at the airport. Can you hold back a moment on your joy, and see if you can now fly from the heliport. That means don't go to the Customize option but stay on the default starting point you were before where it just hung on reading scenery files. Be aware that the new runway location you chose may have become the default, so ensure you choose heliport.

I want to see if the Heliport is the problem.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

One more thing Jon.  I ran xOrganizer so I don’t know if my scenery packs file is messed up.

I saved the original, should I replace the existing one with the original?

Attach it and i will check it.

7 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Good news in as much as you can now fly at the airport. Can you hold back a moment on your joy, and see if you can now fly from the heliport. That means don't go to the Customize option but stay on the default starting point you were before where it just hung on reading scenery files. Be aware that the new runway location you chose may have become the default, so ensure you choose heliport.

I want to see if the Heliport is the problem.

Attach it and i will check it.

Hi Jon and thanks again, I went to all four helipads and it was fine, except one of them I was inside a static helicopter :D.  But it loaded just as fast as any other location.

Here's my file and many thanks Jon, you deserve a lot of credit here at Orbx!

scenery_packs.ini

20 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jon and thanks again, I went to all four helipads and it was fine, except one of them I was inside a static helicopter :D.  But it loaded just as fast as any other location.

Here's my file and many thanks Jon, you deserve a lot of credit here at Orbx!

scenery_packs.ini 4.85 kB · 0 downloads

Here you are: I reserve my comment about the organizer. It works fine with non Orbx type addons, but can organize Orbx addons in an irregular way. I noticed for example that a couple of the Orbx addons have prefixes with A/B/C but the organizer had not placed them in that alpha sequence.

scenery_packs.ini

15 minutes ago, 2e1ilh said:

Jon, Yes I have all the files listed and noticed however I have another EGNM from a previous download from xplane downloads. which I deleted before leaving, I will give it a go when get in this evening, again thank  you for your time

Just disable or remove the other EGNM.

Make sure you follow the guide I gave Jack when you next start XPlane at Orbx EGNM.

Archived