THE FTX LIVE VIRTUAL FLY IN MEET and GREET!

Bendigoandy

If you are not up to a whole lot next Sunday why not meet up for THE FTX LIVE VIRTUAL FLY IN MEET and GREET!

Just drop in or make it a trip from your home are Airport!

Sunday the 27th April at 4.30pm(16.30) EST-AUST will be the ETA at Sunbury Penfield (YPEN) if that suits all , if not speak now and we can change dates.

Leave your name and point of departure below :

FTX Server and Teamspeak, Real time and weather

Hope to see ya Soon !

lets hope the server can handle the numbers !

PS : Never done nothing like this before...hope I dont stuff it up!

;D Interesting, I'm -7 Grenwich, can you confirm that would make 1630 your time, 0130 my time ?  (I'm in Arizona, U.S. ) I believe it's a 15 hour difference.

Thanks

Sue

;D

I'll try, mid vacation, so no work next day. Sounds like fun. ;)

Thanks

Sue

Route planning....Already starting to put together my flight plan for next weekend. I'll be coming up from YMMB (Moorabbin)....Need an opinion on route options, if inbound to YPEF from YMMB, would you fly the coastal corridor and work around the western control steps, or go the long way round across the top via Sugarloaf and Kilmore...i flew this over the weekend and its not a bad trip...

Anybody got any thoughts?

Cheers

Martin

As long as everyone is using FSHOST(FTX SERVER) i'll be there, i will probably start at Avalon in the Realair Spitfire, then Ceres, then Penfield and if i have time travel back to YMEN and jump in the Carenado Cessna 182Q or RG, pending on time

I should be there as well...although I may start a little closer than Newcastle...would take some time in a prop to get there. Maybe take a jetstar flight to YMML, and then something smaller.

Will keep an eye out for any changes between now and then.

C U then.

Craig

Flight plan, YBLT to YPEF via the townships of Ballan (then over pykes creek resevoir) then Bacchus Marsh then Melton and finally sunbury and onto Penfield, cruise altitude 2500 ft speed 110kts type Cessna 172 (default), basically the same as you would in a car when i think about it, but scenic none the less, thanks FTX :)

Posted Image

I should be able to make it. It is a bit far for me to fly from Jandakot to Penfield for the day so I will probably catch a QF flight to Melbourne, hire a car and drive to Lilydale and rent a Flight 1 Cessna 172 call sign VH-BAF. I should be there by around 2:30pm Western Standard Time, 4:30pm Eastern Standard time.

As far as i know the freeware fields should work fine without FTX.  They are designed to seamlessly merge with FTX but they should still work fine.

I am sure one of the Devs will correct me if I am wrong here though :)

Ah, I won't be able to make it after all - I still don't have FTX Blue yet, and the freeware field won't work properly without it I guess...

Sounds like a fair enough reason to slap down thirty bucks :)

But yes, they will work fine without FTX - they will be much easier to find though, since they'll stand out like dog's bollocks against the default textures  ;D ;D

Ah, I won't be able to make it after all - I still don't have FTX Blue yet, and the freeware field won't work properly without it I guess...

Sounds like a fair enough reason to slap down thirty bucks :)

But yes, they will work fine without FTX - they will be much easier to find though, since they'll stand out like dog's bollocks against the default textures  ;D ;D

Don't worry, I am convinced, I WILL get FTX - within the next seven days.  ;)

Cool, the airports work without it! Clear the runway when An-225 arrives - uh, it might be a BIG plane.  :o

BTW, I will depart from YSSY, most likely.

Thank you for all that joined us at Penfeild ...all 14 servers spots filled up very fast! so sorry to those who did not get to fly.

We will open up a fourm so we can look at Flying in bigger numbers...Even though the seems to be aircraft any where one looked.

Im sure we all had a blast and a big thank you to Dave for flying inn all the way from Cananda.

Someone suggested we do this the last Sunday of every month... I thinks that's a great idear ,differant airport each month and once we land and all have landed we then do a short tour of the surrunding area ! (flight plans posted in the fourm before hand).

Now do we use a bigger server(something thats simple like the FTX server) or use the FTX server and limit the numbers to 12 and set the fourm up so you have to book in before the flight date for the fly in , or ..... have 2 sorties and differant times,come thinking caps on.

Posted Image

A few landed and a shipload in the air !

Thanks again to all!

I'll personally continue using the FTX server via FSHostClient for my Monday/Tuesday tours, but they are a bit smaller scale, but I like the fact that I didn't experience any hicups

during my entire flight.

As for larger scale events I'll let the others with more know-how make that decsion..just give me step by step instructions on how to join  :)

See ya in the air,

Dave

We will open up a fourm so we can look at Flying in bigger numbers...Even though the seems to be aircraft any where one looked.

I started doing a web app a couple of days ago thats purpose is to publish and book online flights. Here is the current feature set:

* Flight start times are based on the users timezone. Never have to manually convert times again...

* Able to publish flights for Vatsim, IVAO, Gamespy or FSHost (more can be added)

* Able to specify voice facility with appropriate configuration info (also contains links to the vendors site so software can be downloaded)

* Able to publish a flight plan

* Able to chat pre and post flight about the published flight in a flight specific forum (probably a home made forum so will be pretty basic to start of with)

* Any registered member can create flights or join flights

* Able to receive automatic email reminders about upcoming flights

* Able to specify recommended skill level requirements

* Able to specify third part software requirements (optional and mandatory, EG. the PMDG 747 Formation Flying group might require the PMDG 747...)

* Able to re-use previous flights as a template for a new flight so you don't have to re-enter everything when only the start date changes

* The ability to publish pictures or videos of a flight. These would rate a mention on the sites News page.

* I was thinking of adding 'Flight Groups' so people could join something like a mini VA as I know some people like to fly regularly and they would have a Flight Group specific page and forum.

That was about it for the moment. I don't know if it would get used much but if it does, great, if it doesn't it doesn't matter, I am writing it for the fun of it. (That in itself is odd seeing all I do all day is write software!) :-)

I will put a version up later in the week so you can have a play and see if your interested and can make any suggestions. It should be usable by then.

Steven.

I started doing a web app a couple of days ago thats purpose is to publish and book online flights. Here is the current feature set:

* Flight start times are based on the users timezone. Never have to manually convert times again...

* Able to publish flights for Vatsim, IVAO, Gamespy or FSHost (more can be added)

* Able to specify voice facility with appropriate configuration info (also contains links to the vendors site so software can be downloaded)

* Able to publish a flight plan

* Able to chat pre and post flight about the published flight in a flight specific forum (probably a home made forum so will be pretty basic to start of with)

* Any registered member can create flights or join flights

* Able to receive automatic email reminders about upcoming flights

* Able to specify recommended skill level requirements

* Able to specify third part software requirements (optional and mandatory, EG. the PMDG 747 Formation Flying group might require the PMDG 747...)

* Able to re-use previous flights as a template for a new flight so you don't have to re-enter everything when only the start date changes

* The ability to publish pictures or videos of a flight. These would rate a mention on the sites News page.

* I was thinking of adding 'Flight Groups' so people could join something like a mini VA as I know some people like to fly regularly and they would have a Flight Group specific page and forum.

That was about it for the moment. I don't know if it would get used much but if it does, great, if it doesn't it doesn't matter, I am writing it for the fun of it. (That in itself is odd seeing all I do all day is write software!) :-)

I will put a version up later in the week so you can have a play and see if your interested and can make any suggestions. It should be usable by then.

Steven.

Wow that sounds great looking  foward to testing ..well done ! please keep us informed !

thanks Steven

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Archived