FTX Central thinks I own the WA Enhancement Pack

twsimfan

FTX Central tells me that I own Washington HD, SD, & the enhancement pack and that they are all installed. I have only bought the HD version and I have no problems running that so I have not even considered buying the SD version. I guess buying may not be the proper word as the price as I understand it would be ZERO but I don't want to use up the extra disk space. But I would like to purchase the enhancement pack but I can't because FTX Central thinks I already have it.

Your site on the other hand seems to be aware that I have not purchased or installed either the SD version or the enhancement pack.

That is my situation... please help.

21 minutes ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Tom, Nick seems to mean you have to install Orbx Central and then everything will be fine. If I'm wrong please don't hit me.

cheers

Karoly

If they come after you , they gotta come through me first ..... :(:rolleyes::o:lol:

And yes Orbx Central is required .....:):)

John

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you can't buy the Enhancement Pack with FTX Central, or indeed install it with that either.

I appreciate the response but I have to admit that I am confused by it. My understanding is that FTX Central is the prescribed way to purchase ORBX software these days. Are you telling me that I need to purchase it directly from the site and install it separately?

This also does not explain why FTX Central thinks I already have the enhancement pack & the SD version bought & installed. ??

At my age confusion is a normal state of affairs for me but I would like to think there is a logical explanation here. Thanks again!

Hello,

I have reinstalled FTX Central and I see this:

1.jpg

However, when I try to install the Washington Enhancement Pack, I see this:

2.jpg

because that product cannot be installed with FTX Central.

This is Orbx Central which shows that the product can be and indeed has been installed.

3.jpg

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have reinstalled FTX Central and I see this:

However, when I try to install the Washington Enhancement Pack, I see this:

because that product cannot be installed with FTX Central.

This is Orbx Central which shows that the product can be and indeed has been installed.

So on the one hand you seem to be telling me to reinstall FTX Central. Then I take it you are saying that it still will not download or install.

Then at the end you appear to be telling me that it can be installed. Is that manually or via FTX Central?

Sorry that I am so thick headed.

Add on bit: I tried to uninstall FTX Central and it does no appear on Windows' installed program list. I guess I could find the exe and delete it then download and replace it but that doesn't really constitute uninstalling? And yes I have already admitted that I have a very thick skull.

Hello,

I stated that I reinstalled FTX Central.

FTX Central is the Orbx product installer and product management tool.

It looks like this:

1.jpg

It cannot be used to install the TE Washington Enhancement pack.

1.jpg.a09fe0a6226f880259c814b6f01f725a.jpg

There is a new Orbx product installer and product management tool.

It is not named FTX Central.

It is named Orbx Central.

You need this new utility, Orbx Central, to install the TE Washington Enhancement Pack.

It looks like this:

3.jpg

There is a download link on every page of the Orbx Direct website for Orbx Central.

You can find the Orbx Direct website here:  https://orbxdirect.com/

The download links look like this:

(you will not see the yellow arrow or highlighting at the Orbx Direct site)

8.jpg

Orbx Central includes a very useful User Guide which you can also read here:  https://orbx.to/central-guide

Orbx Central has its own Support Forumhttps://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/283-orbx-central-support-forum/

It also has a dedicated topic including the support request template: 

Thanks Nick,

ORBX Central versus FTX Central finally sunk through my extremely thick skull. This one still seems to think I have both HD & SD installed but at least it did allow me to purchase the Enhancement Pack which is downloading now. There was one hangup when I put the new pack into the cart. It froze with a whirling circle thingy. I waited 20 minutes for that finish then killed ORBX Central with the task manager. When I restarted "OC" it showed the pack as being in the cart and allowed me to proceed with the purchase.

Thank you for your assistance but most of all for your patience! :)

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Good news.

If you wish, you can try uninstalling the SD version that is not actually installed,

this might clean up the spurious message that it is installed.

Otherwise, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" might in fact be the best appraoch.

Hi Nick,

I agree. If I intended to get the SD version it would most likely be a problem but I don't. With HD installed plus the enhancement pack I'm getting far better frames than with the DD Seattle & DD Seattle area airports and those were usable with only an occasional stutter. The pack does improve the airports considerably especially KPAE. KRNT is pretty good too as is KSEA but a little more work on the museum at KBFI would be a good thing.

I also notice that while the Southern most hangers at KTIW are still somewhat suspended in the air this is not quite as noticeable. The mesh seems to have been improved but could use a bit more improvement. Also there are still problems with the Grand Coulee Dam. The model looks great except for there being 5 penstock tubes instead of 6 on the 3rd powerhouse but probably only I would notice that. But what is very noticeable is that the dam is 30 or so feet higher than it should be. It needs to be set down into the rock so that the ends are even with the roads. And yes I know... to you guys these are nit picks but then I am a nit picker. I know these things will probably not get fixed but you never know unless you try, right?

Thanks again for your patience! :)

Archived