A little tip for improving the look of Washington TE

renault

Hi

This is a bit of a "first" for me - a posting in the screenshot forum without a screenshot to go with it.:huh:

But with the enhancement pack just out for Washington, I noticed in some of the screenshots that the powerlines are the default solid black of XPlane and I had been using a replacement which to me

significantly improved the visual impact.

I just posted a little note in the tips and techniques section ,that does have a "screenshot", however I didn't want to violate the rules as although there is Orbx scenery in the background, the main focus to illustrate the little tip is probably default XPlane buildings.

I have been using this add on  for some time now and when I was out walking this morning, the sun glittering on the powerlines nearby made me realize that it  really does add to the realism of powerlines in XPlane and specifically in TE Washington , because there seems to be a lot of them.

What I really like about  the addon (freeware from Xplane-org) is that it removes the wide constant black lines of the default powerlines , replacing them with ones that have transparency, shine/dark colour depending on the angle of lighting just as in real life. At times at distance the lines will either disappear altogether (again depending on lighting ) or become a light silvery colour or when backlit, become a dark colour again. To me it looks quite realistic and now makes the powerlines something which enhances the Orbx scenery.

There is no performance impact from this add on.

Cheers

R

Archived