Corrupted Scenery

RCFlyer

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  The primary issue is scenery corrupt.  I have this type issue at multiple locations to include Wheeler AFB in Oahu.  This is with the newly released Cityscape for Honolulu.

Since the release and my installation of Orbx Central I have had nothing but issues.  I have read all of the Orbx Central support requested and tried all of the proposed solutions with no lasting success.  I have performed a complete reinstall of P3dV4.5 and the Orbx scenery.  I have spend several hours trying to understand the new Orbx Central process with, again, no apparent success.  

I have tried to set the order of the scenery using Orbx Central and/or Lorby's Addons software.  None of the various configuration have provided a consistent solution.  

Prior to installation of Orbx Central, using FTX Central and symbolic links I had a stable, reliable system.  That is not the case at the point.  For my system and my sceneries, Orbx Central is broken.

The scenery file I attached is what Orbx Central has configured.  It doesn't work.  I don't have extra scenery.cfg files on my system.  

Very very frustrated.  And hoping that someone can determine what I have missed or has been mis-configured.  I have tried to fix this issue by reading the support requests and learning from other folks' experience, and, implementing the support staffs' recommendations.  I only place a support request when I am absolutely certain I can't fix the problem.  That is where I am at, at this point.

Regards,

Danny

2019-9-14_15-45-34-380.jpg

scenery.cfg.txt central.log

Hello,

looking at your scenery.cfg file, you seem to have created your own, using

principles that should be applied only to the add-ons.cfg file.

It is also corrupted beyond repair, it cannot work and you should set it aside.

Hopefully, you have a backup made at the point at which you started your amendments.

Your Orbx Scenery should be recorded in the add-ons.cfg file, which you can find at

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Hi Nick.  Yes, the scenery file is a mess.  It has been a mess from the start.  I have deleted the scenery.cfg file and let the sim rebuilt it with just the Orbx scenery as the only addon component.  Even with just the Orbx scenery present, the scenery corrupt was still present at both locations.  I do have the Orbx scenery listed in the add-ons.cfg file located as you indicated.

What do you suggest I do at the point?

Appreciate you help.

Danny

Yes.  I just deleted the scenery.cfg again and reset the scenery such that only Orbx scenery is active and is set to top of library.  I started P3D let it load the scenery, then closed it.  I checked via Orbx Central that the scenery was set correctly, then, started P3d and went to PHHI.  The scenery around PHHI is still corrupted.  I also check around CYPR and the mountain scenery there is corrupt still as well.

Danny

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Danny,

Can you attach your central.log file now so that we can look into potential causes of the corrupted scenery at PHHI, Honolulu, and Dillingham?

Yes, I did because I could not find a .log file.  I looked in appdata/ roaming/orbx central/log and it is empty.  I assume I am looking in the wrong place?  If so, where should I look?  Ahhh, found it.  It isn't listed as a .log file in the directory.  It is listed as a text file.

See attached.

Danny

central.log

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Danny,

I can't see any issues in your log file. Can you perform a 'verify files' of one of the sceneries you suspect to be corrupted then reattach your updated log file. The log file will then include the entire install process and we can investigate if anything went wrong here.

3 minutes ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi Danny,

I can't see any issues in your log file. Can you perform a 'verify files' of one of the sceneries you suspect to be corrupted then reattach your updated log file. The log file will then include the entire install process and we can investigate if anything went wrong here.

I deactivated all orbs scenery and checked PHHI and the area around CYPR.  The corrupted scenery was gone.

I verified the cityscape download once already and it made no difference.  Should I verify again?

Danny

Archived