Cityscreen honolulu problem

rlaycock

Hm, this looks totally corrupted. Maybe something with the terrain.cfg since that area shown on your pic is made of landclass. Could you please provide a screenshot taken from a higher altitude (showing a bit more from the island)? Perhaps also a capture of the city of Honolulu (photoreal area).

Thanks for the screenshots. Ok, I cannot see any high resolution mesh or other Honolulu features. It looks wrong in several respects. Honestly, I'm a bit clueless at the moment if re-installing doesn't help. Will come back to you soon. In the meantime you could try this: Remove the "terrain.cfg" from your \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ folder or rename it (don't forget making a backup prior to it). P3D will create a fresh one on the next start.

Another 3 approaches:

Are your Orbxlibs up-to-date? (Check for this in Orbx Central)

Do you have any other addons installed around the Hawaiian islands (or remnants of an earlier install)?

Sounds crazy but you never know: Is Honolulu marked as installed in your Orbx Central?

I just asked around in the team and Friedi came up with the idea that perhaps a Godzone addon might cause your problems (although there is quite a distance between NZ and Oahu). Do you have something from Godzone installed? If so, you could try to temporarily disable their scenery, just to check if that could be the reason.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:11 PM, rlaycock said:

Orbx central says libraries are up to date

Hi Bob,

It looks as if there is something wrong with the file "cvx_FTX_NA_CS-Honolulu_water.BGL"  in the \FTX_AA_Honolulu\scenery folder. A user with a similar problem could solve it by deleting this file - if it is present at all - and running "Verify files" from the Honolulu controlpanel (which will download and install it again).

This is the reoccurring Issue I have...

Shots taken at default AP next to Eglin:

2019-9-18_14-26-21-493.jpg

Seems like you had a similar issue...

If you fly close they are actually Night Tiles with street lights coming through the terrain during the daytime!

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the NA LC.  Verifying fixes failed to fix the issue.

Somehow this issue keeps pooping up when adding/modifying Orbx or other scenery...

Yes had to uninstall and reinstall Orbx NA LC several times to fix..

As posted by another user w same issue apparently the uninstall leaves behind several files in the NA LC folder that need to be manually deleted for it to work!

Orbx really need to address this issue as it keeps reoccurring for me and many others!!!!

Bump for fix request from ORBX...!

The fix needs to be a sticky until ORBX can squash this reoccurring bug!

You have to completely delete the effected LC and reinstall.

However, it's been reported a full delete from ORBX/FTX Central leaves behind several files in the LC Folder that have to be found and manually deleted.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the NA LC 3 times and finally fixed it.

The problem is that any change or update to the LM scenery causes the issue to reappear again and again ad nauseum...

The easiest way for me to test is to fire up the default EGLIN Airport and fly to the other airport to the right along the shore when taking off over the water...

Every time this issue reappears this area is always effected.

Not sure about the Europe LC cause I don't fly in Europe currently so I haven't checked there in awhile.

I'm getting the following error when trying to update or verify files for "Cityscape Honolulu". Can you tell me what it means and how to correct it?

I recently went back to the latest version of OCv3, since I was having issues with v4.0.15. No other sceneries that I've tried to update have had this problem.

Thanks,

Pete Locascio

4ATmI63.jpg

Archived