YWOL crashes FSX to desktop

clorgaa

Flight to YWOL Wollongong kept causing CTD with FSX with an error in g3d.dll which I previously had at Cessnock but had cured by reinstalling Cessnock. I attempted to start a flight from Wollongong but as with Cessnock FSX crashes as soon as it starts loading the scenery. I reinstalled YWOL using Central but it still crashed. I then removed all YWOL files from the Orbx/FTX_AU folder and started a flight from Wollongong again and it worked (apart from the missing files message). Reinstalled YWOL and the error returned so it seems to be the airport scenery files but I don't know why. Any Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hi Nick

I used ORBX Central to install/uninstall/reinstall and am using AUS v2. Not sure about the update. Is that the zip file I downloaded? I have looked in the ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_YWOL folder and can see files with v2 in their name eg. ORBX_YWOL_AFX_AUv2.BGL and have checked the ORBX Australia version 2 on the config. page. However I did not use the downloaded file to reinstall I just let ORBX central do it. Is this an issue?

Something really strange has happened now as I get the same problem in Cessnock even though I seemed to have fixed it. So I uninstalled/reinstalled both via Orbx central and left them as AUS v1 and they worked. Next I did the AUS v2 upgrades to both airports but did not set the AUS v2 in the config and they were still fine but when I set the AUS v2 option for each airport they CTD again.

I think I may have left Cessnock as AUS v1 when I originally thought it was working as v2

Cheers Nick

I have been doing some testing of all the ORBX airports I I have for Australia and all work except for Cessnock and Woollongong. I tried 1, YMIU, using AUS v2 unchecked and there were some bad elevation errors but I have now flown some circuits of both YCNK and YWOL and can see no issues when the AUS v2 is not selected in their configuration. Bit of a mystery but I can seem to use these 2 airports without AUS v2 and so far they seem OK. I will continue to investigate and post any solution

Well

took a look and Grahams contributions and found he had supplied an amended APX file for Cessnock for someone else so I copied it into the YNCK folder and the airport now works with AUSv2 selected so you could be correct. How can he get to be involved here?

Where you see his name highlighted in blue has sent him a message that he has been mentioned.

I wanted you to try my files first which work in my copy of FSX.

I'm not sure what the cause of your CTD is but if it was the airport, one would expect that the files

I sent you would also cause a CTD at my end, yet they do not, as you saw from my screen shot.

Archived