Cental giving problems with installs

Ticker7

Hi Sorry to pick up on this thread but I'm having a similar constant download loop of vector and LYBE, I'm using central 4.0.10 If I let it download vector it get to 50% but doesn't decompress them and just sits there with the spinning thing and a solid blue line.

It looks like there is a slight glitch in this version of Central as it was working before the last couple of updates, I will wait and see what you guys come up with to sort this little problem out.

central.log

Hi  I'm having a similar constant download loop of vector and LYBE trying to download, I'm using central 4.0.10 If I let it download vector it gets to 50% says it's completed but doesn't decompress them and just sits there with the spinning thing and a solid blue line.

It looks like there is a slight glitch in this version of Central as it was working before the last couple of updates, I will wait and see what you guys come up with to sort this little problem out.

Operating system: Win 10 64

Simulator:  P3d 4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Capture.JPG

ftxc3.log

Hi Guys just letting you know I left central doing it's thing for over two hours and it still said completed but still the spinning circle and nothing is decompressing, I have been looking at the forum posts and it seems other people are also having problems. I trust someone is looking into it as downloading 1.5gb files all the time isn't good for my health ;-)

Hi!

It appears something is preventing Orbx Central from writing to your G:\ drive.

System.IO.IOException: The media is write protected : 'G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery\8637_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl'

System.IO.IOException: The media is write protected : 'G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery\8645_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl'

Does this issue still occur after you restart your computer? What kind of device is your G:\ drive and do you have anything on your computer that could prevent Orbx Central from writing to it?

Hi Mitchell sorry for late reply, I think I found the problem. It seems my G drive has changed it's r/w properties from read/write to read only which points to a bad block on the drive, so I'm getting a new HD to copy everything off onto and then reformat the drive and copy it all back again.I'll let you know how it goes but I'm away on business next week so don't worry if I don't respond right away.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mitchell sorry for the long delay in keeping you up to speed with my challenge but I've not been well had a very bad chest infection, I found out that the reason I was having troubles was that for one my HD had become read only as you noticed in the log file and two there were a couple of bad blocks on the disk which were causing things not to be read or written and hence the problem.

what I did was to use admin command prompt and make the disk R/W and then let windows sort the disk out and mark the blocks as bad so they won't get written to.

Thank You for trying to sort it for me but I managed it (This time) ;-)

Archived