LYBE ILS issue

I’m using ADE to check the AFCAD for LYBE and it’s reporting a location issue with the ILS for both ends if the runway. The lat/lon is shown as 90N, 180W which is clearly wrong.

But the 30 ILS does work so I’m mystified. I haven’t checked 12. Any clues why the ILS would be positioned at the Pole?

• 2 months later...

This is frustrating. The positioning of the ILS beacons thousands of miles from this airport means that programs like Electronic Flight Bag cannot recognise the ILS when compiling its data from the BGLs.

This might appear a minor issue to ORBX but it has ramifications elsewhere. Why don’t you just stick to the SDK when creating AFDs? PLEASE ISSUE A CORRECTED AFD. It won’t take that long.

Hi Ray,

I apologise, I’m in Japan at the moment and haven’t been able to look at the forums for a while.

I’ll ask the developer of the APX file to take a look, as they aren’t really my area and I wouldn’t even know where to start looking.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

Cheers

Hello Gents,

Thank you both for your replies and you Nick for the files. I am reasonably familiar with ADE so spent an hour or so working out how to modify the ILS in the scenery. I appear to have created the ILSs for 12 and 30 with Localiser, Glideslope and DME. My efforts are attached if anyone would like to try them. I'll also point users of EFB to this topicas it appears only us users have a problem with them not being identified.

Sorry if I went off on one but if nothing else it's taught me another ADE skill.

LYBE_ADEP4_RAY.bgl

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

In the meantime, here is a fix for you to try.

I'm sorry, Nick, but these BGLs are of no help at all ! They contain completely misplaced GP and DME positions ! A quick check with the "Serbia and Montenegro AIP" would also reveal that there is no more ILS DME for RWY 30 and so on...

1 hour ago, Misha Cajic said:

Hi guys,

Chris has given me what should be a solution, but I can't test until this weekend. I will get back to you then. Sorry about the delay.

Cheers, Misha

Sounds promising. Why not also correcting the KTVL LDA beam, which is simply WRONG since the first appearance of the scenery. My remarks on that in a KTVL thread long time ago were simply ingored till today. If your designers have problems establishing a valid AFD file, I would be happy to help. I must admit that the value of a correct AFD file is not equally regarded as the most important item among the community. When mainly doing IFR flights things however become a bit different as misplaced LOC/LDA beams really hamper correct application of IFR procedures ;)

Hi guys,

Attached is the fixed files for LYBE. Please let me know if this solves the problem, and we'll put it out as a patch.

If you have static aircraft turned on, use the file called ORBX_LYBE_APX_statics.bgl. Otherwise, use the other one.

The file should go into ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_AA_LYBE/Scenery. This will be either in the P3Dv4 folder, or your Orbx Scenery Library folder, depending on your installation config.

Cheers, Misha

11 hours ago, Misha Cajic said:

Those BGL's are not really of great help. They lack GS (both RWYs) and DME (ILS12)

Maybe the following list of coordinates may help a bit:

LOC 30 YBE   44.828194444 20.287166667  109.90 MHz

GP30 YBE      44.814583333 20.320861111  (109.90 MHz) 3.00°

LOC12 YUB    44.808361111 20.331888889  110.30 MHz

GP12 YUB      44.826027778 20.295527778  (110.30 MHz) 3.00°

DME12 YUB   44.826027778 20.295527778  (110.30 MHz)

See the correct location of the navaids in the attached map:

LYBE.png.ddedbeed361792e2e747c0602a0fbc9c.png

23 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

just for interest's sake, can you try the attached file.

It is for the statics version only.

I don't want to waste your time or mine on two if the one is still no good to you.

ORBX_LYBE_APX_statics.bgl 25.56 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Nick,

Yes, this one is correct. Now just publish the one for nostatics with the same navaid layout and you're the hero for all Simmers! :)

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

hopefully this one will also be correct.

ORBX_LYBE_APX_nostatics.bgl 30.51 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, it is. Apart from the fact that on both your BGLs the BackCourse on both Localizers is still activated, everything, mainly the positions, is correct. The active BackCourses are not so important, as no Simmer would ever use it anyway...:)

Thanks a lot, Nick !

25 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

should the back course be active for either of the runways, or neither?

I do seem to have an option to tick or untick.

I confess I have no idea what a back course is.:)

For neither of the two Localizers. In short Backcourse is an "ancient" method of using both sides of the Localizer Antenna, sending out a symmetric signal to both sides. So LOC tracking is available from both sides of the LOC antenna. There are still a few installations active in the US and in Canada. There is of course no GP information available and furthermore the sidelobes of the LOC signal are reversed. That make tracking a bit more "interesting" when using a conventional TDI. With modern HSI however the inbound course pointer can be turned by 180° and everything looks normal again...:) As I said, a old method, not commonly used today anymore. On modern ILS systems the Backcouse signal is suppressed.

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Perfect, Nick! Now if you could convince the resposible people at ORBX to include these two files in their basic update/installation of LYBE, everything would be perfect !!:rollmyeyes:

Archived